189 Visa Points

Hi PIO

I passed my IELTS at weekend and will get 10 points for this. My migration agent wanted me to get all 8's but I missed out on Reading (7.5) and Writing (7.5). I got 8.5 in Speaking, 8.0 in Listening and 8.0 Overall.

If I had got 8.0 in each component my total visa points would be 75 for a 189 Visa. I know I could re-sit test but will 65 points be enough. Yes 60 is the pass mark but is the 189 visa not done via who has got most points in each occupation.

I am informed that 190 is quicker and most get invited with 60 points. If i went for 190 I would receive 70 points.

My prob with 190 is that my friends live in Brisbane and I am going alone to Oz and my job is not on their state list.

I should receive my assessment in 3 to 7 weeks.

​Thanks

I was in the same situation last month. I scored 8, 8.5, 7.5, 9 (with the 7.5 in writing losing me the extra 10 points). I thought I would lodge my EOI and see how long it took to get an invite. If it had taken over a month or so I probably would have resat the IELTS or looked into SS. However I had an invite within 2 weeks and i only entered with 60 points!

I was in the same situation last month. I scored 8, 8.5, 7.5, 9 (with the 7.5 in writing losing me the extra 10 points). I thought I would lodge my EOI and see how long it took to get an invite. If it had taken over a month or so I probably would have resat the IELTS or looked into SS. However I had an invite within 2 weeks and i only entered with 60 points!

Excellent News. Was yours 189 or 190?

Re-read so you got 189 invite with 60 points. great news

Hi PIO

I passed my IELTS at weekend and will get 10 points for this. My migration agent wanted me to get all 8's but I missed out on Reading (7.5) and Writing (7.5). I got 8.5 in Speaking, 8.0 in Listening and 8.0 Overall.

If I had got 8.0 in each component my total visa points would be 75 for a 189 Visa. I know I could re-sit test but will 65 points be enough. Yes 60 is the pass mark but is the 189 visa not done via who has got most points in each occupation.

I am informed that 190 is quicker and most get invited with 60 points. If i went for 190 I would receive 70 points.

My prob with 190 is that my friends live in Brisbane and I am going alone to Oz and my job is not on their state list.

I should receive my assessment in 3 to 7 weeks.

​Thanks

I had 70 points and got an Invite in 3 days. I have seen similar time frame for people who apply with even 60 points. Good luck, James !