Statutory Declaration format?

itegoa

Hi,

I have one of my previous employers who will not give anything other than a basic reference (i.e. Itegoa worked as an XYZ between X date and Y date).

I've asked a colleague who was my team leader and he has agreed to do a Statutory Declaration for me, however, we're unsure of the format to be used.

Are there any examples out there? Is is the same as an employment reference (except for not being on company header paper). Help!! :)

Where are you making the statutory declaration from i.e. where are you based? There is a very particular format but it depends what country you are in. There is no need for your colleague to make the statutory declaration, you can do it yourself.

Where are you making the statutory declaration from i.e. where are you based? There is a very particular format but it depends what country you are in. There is no need for your colleague to make the statutory declaration, you can do it yourself.

The SD will be made from the UK (England).

According to the ACS website, self written statements are not allowed. See:

http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

("If you are unable to obtain an employment reference").

The SD will be made from the UK (England).

According to the ACS website, self written statements are not allowed. See:

http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

("If you are unable to obtain an employment reference").

Well you did not mention ACS before. Legally statutory declarations are normally written by the person who wants to make the statement. not somebody else, but if this is what ACS want then so be it.

The format that your colleague will need to use is:

=========================================================

I, Rupert of <insert full address> do SOLEMNLY and SINCERELY declare as follows:

1) <make a list of statements that you wish to declare>

2)

3)

AND I MAKE this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835.

Declared at <leave space for address of solicitors office>

in the county of <leave space>

on this day <space> of <space>

Before me

<space for solicitor or notarys stamp and signature>

Hey peole, sorry to jump in on your post , Rupert is this above example available to use if making one from the uk? also can a police officer sign this decleration? thanks in advance..

Yes this is a UK format. Statutory declarations in UK can only be signed by a solicitor or public notary, otherwise it is just a statement, not a statutory declaration.

Well you did not mention ACS before. Legally statutory declarations are normally written by the person who wants to make the statement. not somebody else, but if this is what ACS want then so be it.

The format that your colleague will need to use is:

<snip>

Sorry, yes ACS.

Anyway, thanks for your reply :)

Yes this is a UK format. Statutory declarations in UK can only be signed by a solicitor or public notary, otherwise it is just a statement, not a statutory declaration.

Hi again Rupert, ok can you advise me on this? i am a carpenter to trade and have done alot of private work for customers, as i will need to approach them individually, what do i ask them for in order to prove i carried out a job for them? do i get them to write a statement with all info included (date, cost , how long the job took etc, signature, address), and on top of that do i complete a self decleration for that job?

Hi again Rupert, ok can you advise me on this? i am a carpenter to trade and have done alot of private work for customers, as i will need to approach them individually, what do i ask them for in order to prove i carried out a job for them? do i get them to write a statement with all info included (date, cost , how long the job took etc, signature, address), and on top of that do i complete a self decleration for that job?

I don't think that is what self employed usually do no. You would have to get all your customers down to a solicitors office to do statutory declarations and I can't imagine they would be all that willing. I believe most self employed will submit their accounts to prove that they did work.

I don't think that is what self employed usually do no. You would have to get all your customers down to a solicitors office to do statutory declarations and I can't imagine they would be all that willing. I believe most self employed will submit their accounts to prove that they did work.

I was under the impression i do the stat dec myself??? is this not correct?

I was under the impression i do the stat dec myself??? is this not correct?

Well it was you that mentioned you would contact all your customers? Why would you contact your customers for you to do your stat declaration?

And again, better evidence for self employed would be your proper books and records, invoices, tax receipts etc.

I am currently self employed too. According to ACS (Australian Computer Society), I need "statements from clients with full details of the work performed and dates". I need to look into this soon! Might be worth me speaking to ACS (and you, to whoever is assessing you)

Well it was you that mentioned you would contact all your customers? Why would you contact your customers for you to do your stat declaration?

And again, better evidence for self employed would be your proper books and records, invoices, tax receipts etc.

I thought i needed to contact them in order for them to make a statement in regards to the work i did? maybe i am wrong i dont know, hence me asking for advice, if i was not to approach them for a statement , would i just complete various stat declerations in refference to the private jobs i did?, i amybe asking the same thing over and over but just want to get this final bit of paperwork correct.

Loads of people can witness a stat dec http://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/Pages/Statutorydeclarationsignatorylist.aspx For TRA we had ours done by Police here in Ireland and there was no problem.

As self employed for TRA can't comment on anything else I wrote up a stack of client references detailing the work that my DH had done and with email addresses and got clients to sign them. You write stat dec yourself itegoa again this was for TRA but previous employers would have to write a detailed letter of what you did etc and put it on headed paper but for diff skills assessment maybe you'd be better to ask them.

Loads of people can witness a stat dec http://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/Pages/Statutorydeclarationsignatorylist.aspx For TRA we had ours done by Police here in Ireland and there was no problem.

As self employed for TRA can't comment on anything else I wrote up a stack of client references detailing the work that my DH had done and with email addresses and got clients to sign them. You write stat dec yourself itegoa again this was for TRA but previous employers would have to write a detailed letter of what you did etc and put it on headed paper but for diff skills assessment maybe you'd be better to ask them.

Hi caz, this would be a statuary decleration in order to prove my work experience for my visa, this is info my CO is wanting would a stat dec be efficient for this?

Hi caz, this would be a statuary decleration in order to prove my work experience for my visa, this is info my CO is wanting would a stat dec be efficient for this?

Sorry no clue about visa yet waiting on the ielts to apply for the 190. But if that's what they've asked for. Maybe send an email and ask for clarfication

• 7 months later...

This is a great thread and helped me out alot. thanks Rubert.

I am needing to write a stat dec as i am a salon owner and obviously work for my self.

i could only find a australian stat dec template on line and i am in the uk but this has helped me.

Laura x

Archived