Does this process always take soooo long???

samdom1

Hi, I'm a registered nurse looking to move over to Ipswich QLD with my family asap.

I'm in the process of skill assessment, which has taken eight weeks upto now! After this of course is the EOI and then visa process...Does it all take this long??? :wub:

As you can see I'm a little impatient, I guess as well I daren't dream about being there until its all agreed, although I have 65 points, and there doesn't seem to be any problems, as yet???!!! :nah:

Any experiences of how long it all took, would be great to give me a little perspective :smile:

Thankyou Sam

Guest Guest26012

Patience my friend lol! Ours was quick, 457 over 5 years ago so no knowledge of yours? Good luck though!

My visa took about 8 months from start to finish, I have 190 state sponsored which I'm led to understand has slightly lower processing times than 189. I think I was lucky in that everything went really smoothly and I had no major set-backs. I think mine was relatively quick.

8 weeks for skills assessment isn't that long from a trade point of view, the TRA who assess trades have been known to take well over their quoted time of 12 weeks, although I don't know how long nurses assessment usually takes.

As I had state sponsorship (SS) my EOI went through as soon as my SS was approved by the state. My actual visa grant took around 3 months from application date, it could have been less but we had to wait for a school half term to do our medicals.

Hope this helps in some way.

Archived