Case officer for 489 family sponsored visa

punj23

Just too curious to know if anybody's application has been assigned to a case officer. I lodged visa application on 21 jan but yet to hear from DIAC.

Allocation time in website I'd reduced to 8 weeks from earlier 10 weeks but I don't know why my application has not been allocated.

anybody else faced the same issue?

• 1 month later...

Hi

We have applied for the 489 family visa, can't find many on here who has!!

We are waiting to be assigned a co, was just how long it took for your co to be assigned. Thanks.x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I got my visa grant today :-) and all the best for your decision :-) yeah its tough to wait but "all wll that end well" :-)

Congrats!

I lodged application on 27 March, my cousin lives in Queensland as well. I am still waiting a CO.

Can you please let me know the date when your CO was assigned?

Cheers

Thanks Ballac and catbin...

i heard from my CO on 29 May. I actually called up DIAC inquiry number and from them i came to know that i already had a CO assigned to my application. So i sent him an email and immediately next morning he replied me asking for few additional documents.

It took me around 3 weeks for me to produce PCC, once i submitted after one week i got my Visa.

I will suggest if you should call DIAC, may be your case has already allocated but he/she might not have contacted you.

All the very best for your decisions.

Cheers.

Punj

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi punj23

I am new to this forum.

First of all congrats for your visa although it is late to wish.

I have lodged the application for visa last week under 489 family sponsored. my brother lives in melbourne.

I understood that it might take longer than 10 weeks for a CO to get assigned.

I would appreciate if u can share what all questions have asked by the CO for you. Plus, what all extra documents they have asked you to submit.

Archived