457 to PR Help

Hi has anyone gone from a 457 to PR, I have done the wizard on the immigration website and it looks like a 186 Direct entry but I haven't seen on here anyone talking about a 186, we've been over here since December and Marks boss said he will sponsor him, we have to apply soon as he will be 50 in October. He is a panel beater and its on the skills list, we have also been told that we can add the kids (19 and 21) who are back in the UK at University on the visa as dependents, they are not on the 457 as no-one told us we were able to. I'd be really grateful to hear from anyone else who's done it themselves.

Thanks for any info

Debbie

Welcome to PIO

It maybe worth speaking to a registered migration agent as depending where you are in Australia maybe the 187 will be an option.

It would be worth acting soon if going for the 186 as you will need a positive skills assessment, but may take time to get this.

If you can show that your children are still dependent on you, they can be added to your application, but would get advice on this with the evidence you will be requested.

Hi has anyone gone from a 457 to PR, I have done the wizard on the immigration website and it looks like a 186 Direct entry but I haven't seen on here anyone talking about a 186, we've been over here since December and Marks boss said he will sponsor him, we have to apply soon as he will be 50 in October. He is a panel beater and its on the skills list, we have also been told that we can add the kids (19 and 21) who are back in the UK at University on the visa as dependents, they are not on the 457 as no-one told us we were able to. I'd be really grateful to hear from anyone else who's done it themselves.

Thanks for any info

Debbie

Loads of people apply for the 186 visa? I can't believe there are no threads on it. If you can do the 186, I would not even think about the 187.

You do need to get cracking on this as you must get that application in before he turns 50 but there is a skills assessment to do first.

As the adult children are still in full time education, I should not think it would be too hard to get them onto the application, so long as you have some evidence that you support them. It will be easy to explain why they were not on the 457, they didn't need to be as they are at university in UK..

thanks for all of this I've just joined this site as i'm on poms in Adelaide and there was nothing on there about the 186 and just jumped right in instead of doing a proper search ! , just about to fill the skills assessment forms in we have all the letters and info from when we did the 457, kids are coming over during the UK Uni break for 3 months so going to get medicals done all together, I think i'm going to do it myself rather than use an agent as looking through the DIAC site I have all the info they seem to require, think I just need a bit of reassurance that I can do it and am doing the right things.

Oh and the kids are definitely still dependent lol !!!

thanks and if its OK if I have any other questions i'll be sure to holler, will let you all know how we get on, so here goes, fingers crossed xx

thanks for all of this I've just joined this site as i'm on poms in Adelaide and there was nothing on there about the 186 and just jumped right in instead of doing a proper search ! , just about to fill the skills assessment forms in we have all the letters and info from when we did the 457, kids are coming over during the UK Uni break for 3 months so going to get medicals done all together, I think i'm going to do it myself rather than use an agent as looking through the DIAC site I have all the info they seem to require, think I just need a bit of reassurance that I can do it and am doing the right things.

Oh and the kids are definitely still dependent lol !!!

thanks and if its OK if I have any other questions i'll be sure to holler, will let you all know how we get on, so here goes, fingers crossed xx

Good luck.

Archived