Migration agents... should i or shouldnt ???

purdy

Im desperate to get back to my husband in australia n once iv got the visa fee im gonna apply but id just like to know whether immigration agents r worth it or not. Its a legit relationship but r major problem is that he cant prove his earnings so thats where id come unstuck with the paper work. If the general concensus is that agents r the go plz any reputable agents with reasonable fees plz let me know of any. Cheers peeps xx

Guest GeorgeD

Agents are useful to help you if you can't do it yourself. To be fair the spouse visa is one of the more straightforward ones. (Is your relationship real and can you prove it, are you healthy are you not a serious criminal, and that's about it) Your own individual situation, however may or may not be straightforward. Usually, you should be able to tell if you are eligible or not. Yes, you think you are legit...but can you prove it? Do you have enough evidence? Being genuine is fine, but EVERYONE needs evidence to prove it. You aren't in an unusual position. Many people here have gone through the same as you. Myself included. Some use an agent. Some don't. An agent will help you with reviewing your evidence...but it will be you not an agent digging through every drawer and cupboard in your house looking for a gas bill from two years ago. As long as you know what the agent will help you with, and what their limitations are, then it may be something of value to you.

Even if you have all the evidence and you think you are 1005 guaranteed to meet the criteria, some people stillw ant to use an agent just to get someone to check it all. It really is up to you.

Have a search for posts on this forum about spouse visa assurance of support/income/etc if this si what you are concerned mostly about.

If you are going to speak to any professional for migration advice, please make sure the individual you are dealing with is registered with MARA (www.mara.gov.au) If the person isn't listed here, walk away. Agents will also tell you how their charges work, so there shouldn't be any hidden costs, and if you only need a little advice, then it should cost less than them doing everything for you. There are several registered Migration Agents who frequent this forum, all of whom could help you on a professional one to one basis if you felt that was what you needed.

A lot of folk on here recommend Go Matilda and Ian Harrop amongst others. I did consult Go Matilda briefly but I was already a way along the process so I decided to go it alone. That said, the lady I spoke to was very friendly and more than helpful considering they didn't charge me for the initial assessment of my case.

We used an agency to do all the paperwork and necessary’s for us. Yes they do cost (but at the end of the day not many people work for nothing). We found the service that we got to be second to none and we were more than happy. The costs were split, so you only paid for the bits of the application that you were working on at the time. Some people told us it was expensive to use an agency, but at the end of the day, what cost are you going to put on your future happiness. We decided that the cost was worth it as we were initially unsure as to the correct visa or the process to follow. Also with an agent, they deal with this sort of thing every day so if you come up against any issues, they are sure to know what to do.

They handled everything and told us what we needed at the right time. They took a great deal of stress away for us. If you know what visa you need and are confident, then you may as well do it yourself. However, if like us you were not sure which is the best route for you in the minefield that is visa applications, an agent may be the best way to go. It was for us and we have no regrets using one J