Going to Townsville

Nohea

Hi any current information on Townsville would be great, places to avoid, places to go etc.

i am currently looking for a holiday rental for 2 weeks and struggling to find anything i like the look of thats child friendly, any recommendations would be good.

We are a family with young children initially heading to Townsville, not sure how long for, we will see how we get on, if its not for us we will move elsewhere.

My husband and children are all looking forward to the move, i've got a few reservations, not sure why and maybe its all normal, we have no family to leave behind in england so that parts easy, i'm worried about education as my two boys go to a really good school in the uk, we live in a really nice town in the uk and have said if it doesn't work out we can always come back, looking forward to the adventure ahead although quite nervous and wondering where we'll eventually end up.

Would be nice to speak to other families living in Townville and to hear your experiences.

​Tia :smile:

It depends what you want out of life. I've worked in Townsville for a few weeks and that's long enough. If you want to know what Australia was like 30 years ago. Go there.

Indeed....I drove through it once but made sure I kept the doors closed

It depends what you want out of life. I've worked in Townsville for a few weeks and that's long enough. If you want to know what Australia was like 30 years ago. Go there.

Why would you need to go there to find out what Australia was like 30 years ago, has it suddenly become not a part of Australia?

Thank you for the replies

​Funnily enough it was roughly 30 years ago that I first visited Australia, and made my mind up I would move there one day, so it sounds perfect if thats the case. I really like the fact its all abit backward, we found it all abit dated and backward when we did the major states on our reccie last year, I think thats a real draw for me, although maybe not for our children when they get to teenage years, who knows!

I was after more recent info from families who live there really, i've done searches but all the posts are a few years old, we have been in contact with one family with 3 children who have been there for 4 years and say they love it, but would be nice to hear from others to get their advice on things also, maybe it might be best to wait until we arrive to get more recent information on things, I'm thinking maybe once people are settled, happy and have a life, they don't have time and have better things to do than visiting expats forums and answering my monotonous questions :)

Archived