Visa granted but new passport number.

Junie

We were granted our visas in November 2012, however my husband and 3 children have had to renew their passports before we leave the UK. I contacted Diac in Adelaide, who granted the visas, to advise of the change. They said that once we get to Oz we need to go to Australian Embassy with old passports, new passports and Visa grant notice. We are due to fly out in August and I am afraid that this will now cause us problems at Heathrow!!

I am stressed enough do not need any more probs at last minute. Please anyone had this problem or know what I should do?

Please?

Junie.

We were granted our visas in November 2012, however my husband and 3 children have had to renew their passports before we leave the UK. I contacted Diac in Adelaide, who granted the visas, to advise of the change. They said that once we get to Oz we need to go to Australian Embassy with old passports, new passports and Visa grant notice. We are due to fly out in August and I am afraid that this will now cause us problems at Heathrow!!

I am stressed enough do not need any more probs at last minute. Please anyone had this problem or know what I should do?

Please?

Junie.

Have you tried ringing Australia House in London and see what they say? I know whilst you are applying for visas there is a form to fill in to give change of passport number.

Will try that but the information I have found here and there suggests that it has to be the country that granted the Visas that deals with it. Anything is worth a try, thank you.

Junie

I just checked my visa grant notice email and it said in case of change of passport details to use Form 929 and sent to the nearest office. http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/929.pdf

I think if you sent them the new details now, it should be updated and the system. Also just keep a copy of this form after you have completed it with you for your reference and print out a copy when you are flying out.

Hope this helps!

I am not sure if this is going to create any problems since they may have already updated your details in their system.

Additionally, if you're that much concerned, why not get a visa label?

sending the form back wont cause any problems also you are required to update them if you change passports so that it is in their system when you go through passport control. Visa labels are not used any more as it it is all electronic now but if you want one you have to pay for it.

I filled in form 929 (enclosing copy of old & new passports) last week and had an email back within 5 days confirming details had been updated electronically. Very straight forward and efficient.

• 4 weeks later...

Please?

Junie.

Thank you all for your help. I completed the forms 929, sent then to Australia House, London and have now received email confirmation of the changes. Thank you all again!!x

Archived