vetassess - youth worker. Please help

rach01484

Hi all

Has anyone completed a vetasses form as a youth worker?

Im just in the process of filling mine in and want to get it correct!

Just needing a helping hand - what have people put for ...

List your main tasks/

duties/responsibilities

in this position

Many thanks in advance for your help

Rach

If it's the 411716 Youth Worker you're looking at, you need as closely as possible to show your duties/responsibilities meeting/matching the following:

Tasks

• assessing clients' needs and planning, developing and implementing educational, training and support programs
  • interviewing clients and assessing the nature and extent of difficulties
  • monitoring and reporting on the progress of clients
  • referring clients to agencies that can provide additional help
  • assessing community need and resources for health, welfare, housing, employment, training and other facilities and services
  • liaising with community groups, welfare agencies, government bodies and private businesses about community issues and promoting awareness of community resources and services
  • supporting families and providing education and care for children and disabled persons in adult service units, group housing and government institutions
  • supervising offenders on probation and parole
  • assisting young people to solve social, emotional and financial problems
  • preparing submissions for funding and resources, and reports to government bodies and other agencies

When I did my assessment with Vetassess, I just gave one liners that closely resembled the duties given - in line with my function... You would however need your employer to confirm or include in their letter to Vetassess that you did indeed do what you said you did in your application.

Chris

hi,

i was a youth worker in the uk for 15 years and moved over here after applying for about 20 jobs before we arrived

it wasn't worth it, no one will look at you unless you are here

i have an MA in youth and community work aswell as loads of others and it isnt worth it

i'd say get here and apply for jobs, unless you need the points for migration purposes

i now work for a company called vista as a team leader earning 55k pa they were ok with looking at my quals but mainly exp

here in oz the traditional youth worker doesn't exist its more case worker, social work related, drug and alcohol

as australia does not have a state or country wide youth service

hope this gives you a picture of what its like to get a job etc

​cheers and good luck

Archived