Pet insurance cat

memmymooch

In Australia?

I read a thread a good while ago about pet insurance companies not paying up for anything here if you didn't have full vet history for them. Even for surgery after car accidents etc which previous history would make no difference on.

I think it may have been on another forum though.

​There were many bad stories about people fighting for months before giving up. It seems they don't tell you about all these terms until you go to claim.

Oh yes forgot to say in Australia! And that's not good at all as he is a rescue cat have no idea of his history before he came to me. I will def ask them about that as if that's the case would be better to just put the amount aside each month into special kitty vet fund for him.

Yes for sure. Although nobody seems to have turned up on this site who have found this. If I remember right (I might not) the least hassle one was someone odd like rac or raa who you would more think of car insurance.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

We use Pro-sure for our cat. He was over 8 when we started the policy so has accident cover only. If the cat is over 8, most, if not all, insurance companies will only give accident cover, not illness.

They paid up very quickly for our dog when he needed an operation. You do need to provide them with any previous medical history though, so if it's for a rescue cat you'd have to talk to them about it before you started the policy and make sure that's ok. Maybe they would just want to hear from the shelter that the cat was in good health when handed over. They want to make sure that you aren't trying to take out a policy for a known pre-existing condition really.

We pay $23.84 a month for the cat accident cover, with an annual payout limit of $8000.

:animal-cat::animal-cat::animal-cat::animal-cat::animal-cat::animal-cat::animal-cat::animal-cat::animal-cat::animal-cat::animal-cat::animal-cat::animal-cat::animal-cat::animal-cat::animal-cat::animal-cat::animal-cat::animal-cat:

When I looked into it when we arrived in Oz, all the companies I looked at had the same underwriting company.

Hmm, we really need insurance for our little rascal, he's very active and his antics cost us dearly when he had a nasty limp recently! He's a rescue cat so that's a concern re. full medical history. Anyone using RSPCA insurance? I would have thought that would be rescue-friendly but then I suppose it depends what company underwrites.

Archived