Hairdresser getting skills assessed.

chriscici

Hi we are thinking getting my wife's hairdresser skills assessed for an additional 5 points for a 190 visa, it's either that or I do IELTS to try and achieve 7's for a 189.

So my question is if we do make the move would my wife need to have her skills assessed which ever route we take so she would be able to work or would her NVQ level 3 allow her to work? Or would potential employees insist on the Aussie qualification?

Hi we are thinking getting my wife's hairdresser skills assessed for an additional 5 points for a 190 visa, it's either that or I do IELTS to try and achieve 7's for a 189.

So my question is if we do make the move would my wife need to have her skills assessed which ever route we take so she would be able to work or would her NVQ level 3 allow her to work? Or would potential employees insist on the Aussie qualification?

For partner points both occupations need to be on the same schedule of the skilled occupation lists, is that the case? Regardless I would not even think of going through a skills assessment rather than an IELTS test, you are English I presume and you appear to be literate so it should be pretty straightforward getting 7s. Skills assessments are just for visas, potential employers won't even know what one is, she will not need to do it to work.

Guest scrumpy

Do IELTS, you will probs end up with 8s on the day if you revise for them, and it would be so so much cheaper than a skills assessement

Ok thanks for the info,

Yes I'm UK born and bred (Welsh) I'ts just i've seen Ielts horror stories on here as a major stumbling block so put me off a bit but ill give it a shot.

Cheers Chris

There are some free online sites where you can have a go and get an indication of how you might do at IELTS. Do it several times understanding the format and timings can be helpful.

Might help you with your choice.

Archived