employment refs required for 489 visa

Agibb83

Hi I am currently in the process in forwarding all relevant paperwork to CO in order to finalise my visa application , I am claiming for 5 years working experience (post apprenticeship) however during 4 months of my 1 year as self employed i can only manage to get a reference from a former director of the company as the company has ceased trading so the reference is not on there headed paper, is this enough evidence? also do i need to supply all p60s, bank statements etc in regards to my self employment? also do i (or is it beneficial to fill in a self delcleration form) to strengthen my case?

Two bumps Is really a bit much, especially with only an hour between the first two. Are you aware that your first two posts were in the middle of the night in Australia, at 2am and 3am and then your third just after midnight? Most of us that are actively answering questions in migration are Australia based and you will have to forgive us for not manning the forums throughout the night.

And with that another bump for you, perhaps you will get some responses now.

well rupert thank you very much for your response, but lets put this into perspective, the other comments were getting answers(in migration) which in return put my post way down the list so in order for that to be happening people were obviously up and on the site answering other threads questions, my question is about employment references for a 489 visa, not getting a lecture on when i can bump my post or not, if people are in there bed then fine, its not like my bumping my post is going to waken them up is it?

well rupert thank you very much for your response, but lets put this into perspective, the other comments were getting answers(in migration) which in return put my post way down the list so in order for that to be happening people were obviously up and on the site answering other threads questions, my question is about employment references for a 489 visa, not getting a lecture on when i can bump my post or not, if people are in there bed then fine, its not like my bumping my post is going to waken them up is it?

No it won't wake anyone up but your indignation expressed through multiple questions marks because nobody was here to answer you at 2am might just put them off when they do see it. That is just my advice.

Wow! You come here, expecting volunteers to give their time and advice for free, you get impatient so start spamming your own thread just to get it to the top of the list, and then get upset when a moderator gives you some advice on forum etiquette, bumping you to the top of the list again in the process?

You then get upset that people are answering other questions and not yours, after the attitude you displayed?

NEWSFLASH! We don't owe you anything. Alienating the very people who you are asking for help is a really bad move. You should probably Google "Wheaton's Law".

For future reference, there are some regulars here who make a point of reading at least the title of every post. When I get started in the morning, I carry on where I left off the day before (the possible exception being Monday morning where there are just too many from the weekend). We won't just see your initial question, we see how you subsequently handle yourself too.

Since I'm here to help, not just rant, I'll answer your question.

You will need a statutory declaration. The person giving you the reference will need to fill it in and can either give the reference as part of the stat dec, or separately, and permanently (stapled, for example) attach the stat dec to the reference. They will need to specifically refer to the additional pages, and explain why the stat dec is necessary (in other words, they will need to explain why you are unable to be provided with an official reference).

It's important to be aware, that it's the person making the statement that must provide the stat dec, not you. So each referee will need to go to a solicitor, swear the oath, and have it witnessed.

I'd also recommend you get multiple stat decs for each reference. My wife and I got 3 copies of everything - one for the ACS, one for DIAC, and one spare just in case we needed to resend it.

That may, or may not be enough - but it's the minimum you should consider sending.

Wow! You come here, expecting volunteers to give their time and advice for free, you get impatient so start spamming your own thread just to get it to the top of the list, and then get upset when a moderator gives you some advice on forum etiquette, bumping you to the top of the list again in the process?

You then get upset that people are answering other questions and not yours, after the attitude you displayed?

NEWSFLASH! We don't owe you anything. Alienating the very people who you are asking for help is a really bad move. You should probably Google "Wheaton's Law".

For future reference, there are some regulars here who make a point of reading at least the title of every post. When I get started in the morning, I carry on where I left off the day before (the possible exception being Monday morning where there are just too many from the weekend). We won't just see your initial question, we see how you subsequently handle yourself too.

Since I'm here to help, not just rant, I'll answer your question.

You will need a statutory declaration. The person giving you the reference will need to fill it in and can either give the reference as part of the stat dec, or separately, and permanently (stapled, for example) attach the stat dec to the reference. They will need to specifically refer to the additional pages, and explain why the stat dec is necessary (in other words, they will need to explain why you are unable to be provided with an official reference).

It's important to be aware, that it's the person making the statement that must provide the stat dec, not you. So each referee will need to go to a solicitor, swear the oath, and have it witnessed.

I'd also recommend you get multiple stat decs for each reference. My wife and I got 3 copies of everything - one for the ACS, one for DIAC, and one spare just in case we needed to resend it.

That may, or may not be enough - but it's the minimum you should consider sending.

Hi rivierakid,

Thank you for your reply i shall procedd forward with your advice taken, i pressume the CO can be very strict with this type of thing , this post i left seems to be getting out of hand, however i dont see the problem in bumping my own post SORRY IF THIS OFFENDED ANY 1, anyway putting that to one side i appreciate your help and advice many thanks if i need anymore questions asked i will ask ONCE lol ....... ps i agree mon morning can be a hazey after the weekend ha

Archived