Advice re looking for job sponsorship when on holiday??????

SKIPPY59

hi - i have a positive assessment as a Building Associate and an overall 7.5 IELTS - can i come over on holiday and look for employer sponsorship? If so where would you suggest I look for a Building Foreman role - looking at WA, QLD, SA.

Any help or advice is greatfully received.

Cheers

:)

Hi There, i may be wrong but i am sure that i have seen some threads / posts on this type of subject before on the forum and that some people said to be watchful of what you do as if you are on a holiday visa then it should be treated as a holiday visa. ( unless its the WHV youve applied for ) this being that as your meant to be on holiday then you arent really meant to either undertake any work or actively seek employment. I may be wrong but something comes to light regarding this. Hopefully somebody may be able to clarify better but hope this may help.

regards

Hi There, i may be wrong but i am sure that i have seen some threads / posts on this type of subject before on the forum and that some people said to be watchful of what you do as if you are on a holiday visa then it should be treated as a holiday visa. ( unless its the WHV youve applied for ) this being that as your meant to be on holiday then you arent really meant to either undertake any work or actively seek employment. I may be wrong but something comes to light regarding this. Hopefully somebody may be able to clarify better but hope this may help.

regards

I'm not looking to work - just looking for a sponsor. Would need to return home to sort everything out here - house job etc.

Would an eVisitor visa cover you so you dont get into trouble? You apply online and it gets granted pretty much within hours.

eVisitor is for people who want to visit Australia for:

• tourism, such as holidays, recreation or seeing family or friends
  • business purposes, such as attending a conference, negotiating or exploring business opportunities.

Archived