Engineers Australia, additional assessment

deryck

Hi mates.

Months ago I received a skills assessment by engineers Australia with positive outcome and with 5 years certified overseas work experience.

When submitting all my documents to diac to apply for the 190 visa, which proof do I have to provide them to certify my work experience and claim the points for my 5 years of work?

Will this paper that states it positively be enough or do I need to submit diac other documents?

Thank you!

;)

I had the Migration Skills Assessment letter which gave an opinion on my skilled employment claims. I then added a reference from HR detailing roles/responsibilities for the period I was claiming points for. I also provided a tax statement with my earning for the period I was claiming skilled work experience for.

I'm not sure what the bare minimum they would accept but I didn't have any issues with what I provided.

I was convinced that having done the additional assessment I don't need to send further documents to diac, now it seems that I have to send the again everything and it will cost me again a lot in naati translations... Looks like I wasted 250 aud wit additional assessment.... Am I wrong?

i dont know. there is another thread on here where someone was asking what was the point. I really dont know if they will just accept what you have on face value. I believe that the assessment is merely an opinion in terms of work experience and that your CO has the ultimate decision. With this in mind I sent everything that I thought was required for DIAC to make the assessment and had my Engineers Australia letter as support. Did you not have all that info translated once for EA ? Why would you need to have it translated was it not translated for EA ?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ahh..ok sorry to hear that. I didn't view it as money wasted though. In fact one job I had I wasn't going to claim points for as it was more project engineering. The EA assessor said it was definately related.

View at as money well spent to support your visa application..Small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.

Good luck with it all.

I was convinced that having done the additional assessment I don't need to send further documents to diac, now it seems that I have to send the again everything and it will cost me again a lot in naati translations... Looks like I wasted 250 aud wit additional assessment.... Am I wrong?

You are not wrong.

What about your previous experience with that?

Thank you anyway!

So what should I provide them?

Is it enough if I send them some tax returns,all ref letters and a couple of invoice?

• 2 weeks later...

I would send DIAC (upload)

1) skills assessment letter with additional skilled employment opinion.

2) Letter from HR on company headed paper (wet signature) detailing role and length of service.

3) Tax statement or p60s for the duration you are claiming.

Sorry, the reason for not replying was I thought that I'd covered your query in my first post.

Archived