My 457 Application

bookem1979

Hi Everyone

Thought I'd share my situation and also seek opinions !

I was offered and gladly accepted a promotion and transfer by my company to our new office in Melbourne. Today the sponsorship, nomination and application have all been lodged together.

We are using an agent in Melbourne who anticipates a turn around of 2-3 weeks. Does that seem realistic to you guys ? I guess an agent knows what he is talking about and he is going off other applications that he has handled recently.

He says the application is pretty strong but has one concern, the fact that the nominated position is a promotion and not a role I currently work in. I mean I have 15 plus years of experience in the industry I work in and because of this, my company feel I am the best person for this job, but should I be concerned ?

Surely if my company feel I am the best man for the job, this should work in my favour ? They need me basically to come out and set up the new operation and over see things, implementing company procedures. We have already recruited many Australian staff, but obviously they don't have anyone over there who knows the company and how things work.

Hope that makes sense and anything anyone has that can help put my mind at rest would be welcome !

Thanks

Would it not be possible to go with the same job title as you have now and 'get' the promotion pretty quickly on arrival ?I dont know the ins and outs with the sponsored visa but as you say if your company are confident you can do the job ,it should help matters.

Good Luck and hopefully someone who knows these visa rules will be along soon with more advice

​ Cal x

Hi,

I don't know anything about the position to advise on but I can share my situation on time for a 457 visa to be processed. It took 4 weeks in total for my employer to apply to be a sponsor, nominate a position and for my application to be approved. However, I was already working in Australia in the position on a whv and I wasn't required to have a medical or police check.

Good luck :)

Would it not be possible to go with the same job title as you have now and 'get' the promotion pretty quickly on arrival ?I dont know the ins and outs with the sponsored visa but as you say if your company are confident you can do the job ,it should help matters.

Good Luck and hopefully someone who knows these visa rules will be along soon with more advice

​ Cal x

Hi CalNgary, unfortunately my current job title isn't on the SOL where as the promotion is, hence why applying under that position, but thanks !

Hi CalNgary, unfortunately my current job title isn't on the SOL where as the promotion is, hence why applying under that position, but thanks !

I must admit, you are being too cryptic to get really good advice, but I am starting to get concerned. I was thinking of something like an accountant going to senior accountant, both of which would be safely covered by the accountant occupation. Can you be more any more precise with the occupations?

Archived