Arrived in Sydney today!

finchyyy

Hi All

I've just arrived in Sydney today on a 457 visa, starting work next week. Been excited and waiting for this day for months and its actually all happened really quickly since I received a job offer back in the beginning of January. Looking forward to getting out and about tomorrow!

Anyone else just moving over this month or next and in Sydney?

Thanks

Hi - welcome to Australia

Tomorrow is ANZAC Day so there will be a lot going on in the city. Most of the shops including supermarkets will be closed all day or at least until around 1pm as a mark of respect but little shops and petrol stations will be open if you really need something.

The main parade starts at around 9am in the city (Pitt st) if you are interested in going.

​Hope you enjoy living in Sydney.

Hi All

I've just arrived in Sydney today on a 457 visa, starting work next week. Been excited and waiting for this day for months and its actually all happened really quickly since I received a job offer back in the beginning of January. Looking forward to getting out and about tomorrow!

Anyone else just moving over this month or next and in Sydney?

Thanks

I just recently arrived myself. Hope you enjoyed your first day in Sydney. I was out and about the city yesterday and it was a great atmosphere with all the ANZAC celebrations. Where about are you living?

LOVE Sydney and hopefully that's where we will be heading as soon as! My favourite place was definately around the hustle and bustle of Darling Harbour...food at QUAY restaurant is delish and if you like a tipple or two try down by The Rocks lots of places to visit and meet new people. Good luck with your new life there! :D

Archived