A few questions in Form 80

JoannaAch

Hi

It would be great if anybody could guide me with these questions from form 80:

Q4 "Did you use the passport at Question 1 to enter Australia?" I have not entered Australia yet, what should I choose?

Q14 "Do you currently have permanent residence rights in any country not already shown in Q1?" I have a EU passport so I can live wherever I want in EU without any visa. Currently I am permanently living in UK, but that is not a country of my passport. Should I mention it in this question?

Q45 "Have you ever traveled to any countries other than Australia in the last 10 years?" - that is the worst question. I only remember last 2-3 years and I have no stamps in my passport (traveling within EU) so also noway of checking that. Also, I traveled to Poland last year 5 times, do I have to mention every single journey? Can someone with similar situation tell me how they answered this question?

Q50 "Have you undertaken an academic thesis, dissertation or publication?" What details should I give? There is no way I can fit all titles in that small box... And each thesis/ publication was written under different supervisor...

Really hope someone can answer all these questions!!

Thanks in advance!

I would answer:

Q4: No (then I would put that you've never entered Australia in the past in the bit for explanations).

Q14: United Kingdom (I would put it as the UK as you said your passport is from another EU country)

Q45: I did put all the countries with rough estimates of the dates (months) of when I entered the country. I would just put in as many countries as you can remember, and I don't think the date has to be exact but perhaps you could search for e-tickets if you ordered them from your emails? I kept all my passports so for me it was easy to list them in. As I have entered the UK several times whilst I was living in the Netherlands, I listed every single time I entered the country and for how long eventhough it was repetitive. That part did consume even the additional space given later on in the form!

Q50: For this question, I wrote that I had completed my Masters theses (as I still haven't completed my PhD) ones, and listed the titles of my Masters thesis (I had 2) and from which supervisor and the university. I kept it short and simple and thus was able to use the space that was given. As for the name of the supervisor that is asked as the last part of the question, I listed the details of my most current supervisor - my PhD one.

I don't think they will penalise you for forgetting a date or a country in Question 45, but just fill in as much as you can remember. Hope this helps and hope that others will also give their opinions too! :)

I would answer:

Q4: No (then I would put that you've never entered Australia in the past in the bit for explanations).

Q14: United Kingdom (I would put it as the UK as you said your passport is from another EU country)

Q45: I did put all the countries with rough estimates of the dates (months) of when I entered the country. I would just put in as many countries as you can remember, and I don't think the date has to be exact but perhaps you could search for e-tickets if you ordered them from your emails? I kept all my passports so for me it was easy to list them in. As I have entered the UK several times whilst I was living in the Netherlands, I listed every single time I entered the country and for how long eventhough it was repetitive. That part did consume even the additional space given later on in the form!

Q50: For this question, I wrote that I had completed my Masters theses (as I still haven't completed my PhD) ones, and listed the titles of my Masters thesis (I had 2) and from which supervisor and the university. I kept it short and simple and thus was able to use the space that was given. As for the name of the supervisor that is asked as the last part of the question, I listed the details of my most current supervisor - my PhD one.

I don't think they will penalise you for forgetting a date or a country in Question 45, but just fill in as much as you can remember. Hope this helps and hope that others will also give their opinions too! :)

Thanks, that's really helpful!

Just one more thing - can I fill out the form 80 on a computer and then print it to .pdf and scan the last page (with a signature)? Or should I use a pen?

I completed the form online and then printed the entire form off and signed the last page by hand and sent it off to my migration agent. However, as you're submitting it digitally, I assume that you can print just the signature page and scan that in as well? I have no idea so I hope someone else who did it online will answer you! :)

I completed the form online and then printed the entire form off and signed the last page by hand and sent it off to my migration agent. However, as you're submitting it digitally, I assume that you can print just the signature page and scan that in as well? I have no idea so I hope someone else who did it online will answer you! :)

Hi, I already found out that you can not print it to .pdf, which means that I have to print it and then scan the whole thing again... really no sense in it:/

And another confusion - Q49 "List all education and qualifications undertaken, including completed"

Should I include only university degrees? or all education, starting with primary school? That would be a lot of information...

It does say all education. Form 80 is intended to be very detailed, and in terms of form filling, it took us longer to do form 80 than all others combined.

In practice, anything from Secondary School will need to be detailed. It's a huge pain - there may be some corners you can cut though - for example, for my two years at college, each "course" was composed of five or six individual subjects, each with their own examining body and certificates. In that case, I only listed full details of the course and college for the main course, and had a one-liner for each individual subject, which cut down on the hand strain significantly.

Bottom line though - Form 80 includes the character assessment so it's in your interest to provide as much of exactly what they ask for, even if it will be a large amount of documentation. You're paying DIAC to read it and absolute worst case it could mean the difference between getting a visa and not.

It does say all education. Form 80 is intended to be very detailed, and in terms of form filling, it took us longer to do form 80 than all others combined.

In practice, anything from Secondary School will need to be detailed. It's a huge pain - there may be some corners you can cut though - for example, for my two years at college, each "course" was composed of five or six individual subjects, each with their own examining body and certificates. In that case, I only listed full details of the course and college for the main course, and had a one-liner for each individual subject, which cut down on the hand strain significantly.

Bottom line though - Form 80 includes the character assessment so it's in your interest to provide as much of exactly what they ask for, even if it will be a large amount of documentation. You're paying DIAC to read it and absolute worst case it could mean the difference between getting a visa and not.

Thanks for making that clear... I have all my and my husbands certificates from secondary school till now, so that should be ok.

It is a pain, but well worth it in the end. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Hi, I was wandering - can I just print first 16 pages to .pdf and then only scan the page with the signature and in the end merge it all? Has anybody tried to upload it this way?

Hi, I was wandering - can I just print first 16 pages to .pdf and then only scan the page with the signature and in the end merge it all? Has anybody tried to upload it this way?

We just scanned everything in as one - our scanner has a document feeder so it was really easy.

So long as your Form 80 is a single PDF including signature page I expect you'll be OK, but it'll be obvious that the quality of the signature page will differ from the rest so you might want to be prepared that if your CO is having a bad day, they may ask you to print them all on paper and scan them in.

I filled out Form 80 twice, (one for me and one for my wife) using Foxit reader (see earlier post) and saved them as pdf, and uploaded both to E-visa site...

I then printed off and signed the declaration page (x2 me and wife), which were then scanned and uploaded separately. ... they accepted that with no bother..

Chris

One more thing:

In "employment detail" in form 80 - I am not sure what should be included? Should I mention any internships? or student placements (like for master project)? These are not really 'employments" but I had it on my EOI (as "not relevant") so I am not sure if I should include it again??

Hi Friends

On the very first page of form 80 which one to select? (Im applying for class 189 PR from India)

I am applying for a visa to travel to Australia as a:migrant

OR

I am applying in Australia for:permanent residence

​??

Hi Friends

On the very first page of form 80 which one to select? (Im applying for class 189 PR from India)

I am applying for a visa to travel to Australia as a:migrant

OR

I am applying in Australia for:permanent residence

​??

Can somebody plz reply

That's the box I checked and I'm in Ireland... they didn't refuse my Visa because of it, or question it.... although maybe I ticked the wrong one and should have checked the "migrant" box ???

Chris

But I was thinking which one is correct?

Dont you think the migrant one is correct.

​What others think? I don't want to make a minor mistake.

But it says

I am applying in Australia for:permanent residence.

I'm not in Australia, I'm in India.

You have answered your own question - if you are not applying for an onshore visa in Australia, then you can't tick the box that says you are in Australia.

Archived