looking for Shared home for family in adelaide

Annoisa

Hi All,

We are 5 persons in family me my husband and three kids age 11,6,4....two elder boys and younger girl...we need a shared home for us for one month in adelaide. We have already lived in italy in sharing and was never a problem. Anyone if can share the house for one month in adelaide please inbox me the detail. we need to come to oZ soon hopefully.

reagards,

​annoisa

Guest The Pom Queen

Agree with Cal and Diane, most houses are 3/4 bed so unless you find a single guy/woman living in such a big house you will struggle.

Thank You! you all are right its difficult to get shared home for 5 people so i thought to rent a home separately. For that i need some references there, that is what i am told by different people. So searching any relative or friend in Adelaide.

Thank you all you all are great to help. And any other recommendation is welcome too.

wishes,

Annoisa

Thank You! you all are right its difficult to get shared home for 5 people so i thought to rent a home separately. For that i need some references there, that is what i am told by different people. So searching any relative or friend in Adelaide.

Thank you all you all are great to help. And any other recommendation is welcome too.

wishes,

Annoisa

You can rent a house without references from Aussie, thousands of us migrants have done just that. Its a bit of a paper trail and the more you submit with your application the better but Aussie references are not a MUST so dont stress just copy all your other paperwork ready.. (birth certs, passports, driving licence, paid up bills, bank statement etc etc)

​ Cal x

Hi Cal,

​Thanks for your suggestion. i have Birth certificates, italian driving license of my husband (not mine), i am planning to move by September so before its diffciult to arrange for home from here. Should i go for some short term booking and after search home there???

Annoisa

You can rent a house without references from Aussie, thousands of us migrants have done just that. Its a bit of a paper trail and the more you submit with your application the better but Aussie references are not a MUST so dont stress just copy all your other paperwork ready.. (birth certs, passports, driving licence, paid up bills, bank statement etc etc)

​ Cal x

• 3 weeks later...

it depends on what you'er after and why.

If its a short term to start off then there are plenty of short term lets by fellow migrants who understand and accept you don't have much in the line of local references (but you will pay a little more) but their homes have everything you will need to get established whilst waiting for your items.

​If you are after a 12 month or longer then local references do become a must (not essential, but you stand a better chance of winning the application. short term letting will give you the chance to get that first local reference, get the the chance to demonstrate your commitment to staying and gives you the chance to get established (driving licences, jobs, medi care, schools and all the other essentials that you need an address)

If you need any help with the short term i know where we stayed was great and could recommend it (but might be a little pricey for what you may want)

​Good luck.

Thank You Gaz,

Really good to see your post. I got a home thorugh a relative living in Adelaide so problem solved and all were right sharing with three kids was difficult and better not to do that infact.

I am going to confirm my tickets for August or september so what all of you recommend to do before going or what are the things we should keep in mind? Every suggestion is welcomed ;)

Wishes,

Annoisa!

SA SS Approved July 2009 VISA APP lodged 17th August 2009 -CO 13th February 2013 Meds done 6th March 2013 MEDS referred 7th MArch 2013 VIsa GRANTED 8th MAy 2013...excited to go to Adelaide :)

it depends on what you'er after and why.

If its a short term to start off then there are plenty of short term lets by fellow migrants who understand and accept you don't have much in the line of local references (but you will pay a little more) but their homes have everything you will need to get established whilst waiting for your items.

​If you are after a 12 month or longer then local references do become a must (not essential, but you stand a better chance of winning the application. short term letting will give you the chance to get that first local reference, get the the chance to demonstrate your commitment to staying and gives you the chance to get established (driving licences, jobs, medi care, schools and all the other essentials that you need an address)

If you need any help with the short term i know where we stayed was great and could recommend it (but might be a little pricey for what you may want)

​Good luck.

Archived