189 or 190 visa?

iPhone

I'm here in Australia almost one year now. I'm just after getting my TRA (Trade Recognition Australia) confirmed which I had to do in order to be able to apply for permanent residency. I am now in a dilemma though. The company I'm working for say they will sponsor me for permanent residency but it means I would have to stay working with them for 1 year which I'm not sure i want to do. I've been talking to some friends and looking on line and I see that I can apply for the 190 permanent residency visa which is an independent way of doing it meaning I don't need to have a sponsor. I've added up the points which I have and I have more than enough to satisfy their requirements. I have contacted the Australian immigration people and they tell me that I am entitled to apply for either visa. I am wondering though, which is the best visa or is there a difference once they are granted. Is there anyone on here who has gone down the route of the 189 visa? And if so what are the waiting times like? I've heard that the 190 doesn't take as long to be granted as the 189, is this true? I am currently here on a 457 visa.

Thanks for your time.

​P

189 Visa is independent visa without any limitation of where do you wanna live.

190 Visa is limited to that particular state from where their is need of occupation. You need state nomination in this visa to apply for PR.

Both Visas are Permanent visas and only difference is where do you wanna live.

As you said you qualify for both visas so you can apply for anyone.

You can check in immigration website about allocation table which is specifies about timelines of different visas.

Hopefully that might Help you. :)

I'm here in Australia almost one year now. I'm just after getting my TRA (Trade Recognition Australia) confirmed which I had to do in order to be able to apply for permanent residency. I am now in a dilemma though. The company I'm working for say they will sponsor me for permanent residency but it means I would have to stay working with them for 1 year which I'm not sure i want to do. I've been talking to some friends and looking on line and I see that I can apply for the 190 permanent residency visa which is an independent way of doing it meaning I don't need to have a sponsor. I've added up the points which I have and I have more than enough to satisfy their requirements. I have contacted the Australian immigration people and they tell me that I am entitled to apply for either visa. I am wondering though, which is the best visa or is there a difference once they are granted. Is there anyone on here who has gone down the route of the 189 visa? And if so what are the waiting times like? I've heard that the 190 doesn't take as long to be granted as the 189, is this true? I am currently here on a 457 visa.

Thanks for your time.

​P

The time spent applying for a state sponsorship will offset the slightly faster processing time to an extent. If you qualify for a 189 then I would just go for that.

Thanks for your time.

​P

sorry guys. I made a mistake. I meant that my company will sponsor me, so I can get the 489 rather than the state sponsored 190. Is there much or any difference between the 489 (employer sponsored), and the 189 (independent visa)?

sorry guys. I made a mistake. I meant that my company will sponsor me, so I can get the 489 rather than the state sponsored 190. Is there much or any difference between the 489 (employer sponsored), and the 189 (independent visa)?

You said you are already on the 457 visa, the 489 visa is nothing to do with employer. If you mean you could go for a permanent employer sponsored, well this is obviously a very bad idea if you are planning to leave. Go for the 189 or 190 as already discussed.

Archived