Anybody had successful Sponsorship IT

SBREW

Guest cantwait

Hi

My OH is an infrastructure architect. He had his skills successfully assessed by the ACS and has applied for about 200 jobs either off seek.com or careerone. He has had a couple of interviews who said he was over qualified. He got offered sponsorship from an expo but it wasn't in the state we wanted so didn't take it. We have decided to just wait and get the skills visa now.

Hi

My OH is an infrastructure architect. He had his skills successfully assessed by the ACS and has applied for about 200 jobs either off seek.com or careerone. He has had a couple of interviews who said he was over qualified. He got offered sponsorship from an expo but it wasn't in the state we wanted so didn't take it. We have decided to just wait and get the skills visa now.

Hi Thanks for your response, its seems strange that as they are crying out for IT Managers and Infrastructure PM's that it seems impossible to get any kind of response let alone sponsorship. We will probably have to keep waiting then for at least 6 more months for the visa response Oh JOY!

Guest cantwait
Hi Thanks for your response, its seems strange that as they are crying out for IT Managers and Infrastructure PM's that it seems impossible to get any kind of response let alone sponsorship. We will probably have to keep waiting then for at least 6 more months for the visa response Oh JOY!

Hi

I know what you mean. I saw a thread on here once by someone in recruitment who said IT sponsorship was the most difficult type to get - almost impossible. Try at the expos - that is usually the best bet for IT people.

Good luck

Guest Sharon & Mike

Hi

I'm going out to Perth in 6 weeks on a 457 with a global IT company and they are sponsoring me so it can be done.

PM me if with any questions and I'll try to answer them

Mike

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Sarah

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I've heard that SA is willing to offer State Sponsorship to IT people.

However, why do you need sposorship?

Cheers

Gill

Hi Sarah

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I've heard that SA is willing to offer State Sponsorship to IT people.

However, why do you need sposorship?

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

Thanks not sure who SA are but I will check into it on google, we are waiting results of the RPL we have completed currently but we know that sponsorship will get us there a lot faster, i have just been notified the RPL Results are in the post EKKKK Scary so hopefully they will be good results as I wrote the RPL report myself, We know that once the RPL is approved we would still be looking at 6 to 12 months for the next stage of the visa app to go through with medicals etc so we are looking for a quicker way really, I have friends over in Oz and know that the sooner I can get there the better. Thanks for your help

Archived