457 processing time April 2013

Hi Guys,

So like most of you I have been trawling this forum looking for processing times for visas. A lot of people mention they have a CO, I don't even think I have one of them yet. Our visa was submitted on April 2nd and has not moved past payment received and health requirements finalised.

Basically I want a place where we can all worry about patience waining and share congratulations for those who receive visas.

does anyone want to share their 457 visa processing timeline? Mine is in my signature, some assurance that I'm not unduly worried about the immi site not moving on would be a massive help.

Hi mate,

I lodged mine on the 3rd of April- it was marked as processing then - I had my medical on the 6th of April. the results reached on the 15th of April and online this said finalised -a day later we were contacted by our CO asking for some further info which we sent off straight away and had our visa approved on the 16th of April.

Have you submitted all your required documents ?

Hi, my wife and I are about to start the 457 process. We are just waiting for the formal offer of a job. To help us speed up the process can anyone advise us please what documents they will require? Obviously birth certs and marriage certs but is there anything else that might throw us further down the line? Many thanks, Stan

Hi, my wife and I are about to start the 457 process. We are just waiting for the formal offer of a job. To help us speed up the process can anyone advise us please what documents they will require? Obviously birth certs and marriage certs but is there anything else that might throw us further down the line? Many thanks, Stan

Stan,

as well as what you mentioned, we put on

passport photo page

work references

CV

signed job offer letter

organisation/business approval letters(ie. in my case medical organisation approval letters)

When you lodge and pay for your visa, it will give you a list of documents reqd,(some of which are not relevant)

Good luck,

Heyy frnz

My got offer 2 week back from my Australian employer, I accepted the offer immediately.

​I have submitted all required docs on 21st of April. Got confirmation from immigration advisor that she has more than sufficient docs and that she wont need any thing else.

Just anxious about the next step. I am from India and unfortunately fall in to socalled high risk zone.

What is the next step i can expect now? Do i need to go to local embassy for interview etc?

Can any one share?

Hi,

I have received a lot of helpful information on this forum and I had my 457 visa approved yesterday so I thought I would share my timeline. I came to Australia in November 2012 on a WHV and got a job here as a Drug and Alcohol Counsellor. My employer wanted to sponsor me and the occupation is on the SOL schedule 2. My employer wasn't a registered sponsor so they had to do that first, then get nomination approval and then I got my approval. Here goes:

22nd March 2013: Employer applied to be a registered sponsor

22nd March 2013: Employer Nominated the occupation

31st March 2013: I applied for the e457 visa online and uploaded the following documents: Passport photo page, employer references from my previous 2 jobs, degree qualifications, birth certificate, marriage certificate, employment contract, medicare card

16th April: Immigration requested more information from my employer regarding the nominated occupation

18th April: Nomination approved

19th April: I scanned a copy of the nomination approval email and uploaded that to my application

23rd April: Visa approved

In my opinion the process was very straightforward, I wasn't asked for anymore documents nor was I asked to have a medical or a police check (although I already had one done in Australia for my job).

The visa fee was $450 and I was never (from my knowledge given a case officer). The status always said fee received and visa processing until it was approved on the 23rd April.

Good luck everyone :)

Hi Guys,

Update is I now have a CO thank God. It got rushed through a bit because of the nature of Ben's job. It is now at further information required, this was police checks and the dates on the health insurance needed clarifying.

I'll keep you updated if and when we hear more.

Archived