2nd stage visa~~

juliedec

Hi again all :biggrin: anyone know if now im married and applying for 2nd stage partner visa in Oz ......do I apply in maiden name as on passport or do I include marriage name ...do i have to fill any extra forms ??? and is it the same fee as pmv? Think I have Post traumatic visa stress...cos Im feeling stessed already lol.........

Hi again all :biggrin: anyone know if now im married and applying for 2nd stage partner visa in Oz ......do I apply in maiden name as on passport or do I include marriage name ...do i have to fill any extra forms ??? and is it the same fee as pmv? Think I have Post traumatic visa stress...cos Im feeling stessed already lol.........

If you can possibly bear it and if it's not too late, your life will be much more straightforward by continuing to use your maiden name rather than changing your name to your husband's name. Australia requires proof of ID so often and if you have used different names, you will also have to show certified copies of marriage certificates and (if the worst happens) divorce certificates.

Thanks Proud Pom.....havnt filled in forms yet... ...so ill continue to use the name on my passport? /maiden name........didnt evan know i could continue to use it :)...and if you know ....im here on a Prospective Marriage Visa ....do I need a form 80.......

Thanks Proud Pom.....havnt filled in forms yet... ...so ill continue to use the name on my passport? /maiden name........didnt evan know i could continue to use it :)...and if you know ....im here on a Prospective Marriage Visa ....do I need a form 80.......

Definitely use the name of your passport - your visa links to your passport. But the question for you is whether to change all your documentation (passport, driving licence, bank cards, medicare card, etc) to a married name. My advice is that unless you have strong cultural reasons for making the change, you will save yourself hassle in the long run by continuing to use your maiden name.

You should not use for 80 - for a partner visa onshore you need form 47SP and your sponsor will need to fill in form 40SP. The information is available here: http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/partners/partner/820-801/

Also, if you are currently on a prospective marriage visa, you are essentially applying for Stage 1 of the Partner Visa (the 2 years of temporary visa). After 2 years, you will be able to conform your ongoing application (Stage 2) and you will get a permanent visa.

Hope this helps.

It does thanks ..I have 47 sp 40 sp ...2x 888 ...friend just suggested I may need 80 as well ???? id never heard that before .....thanx again ...

onshore we didn't hand in the form 80 with the visa 820. My wife came to oz In November on pmv 300 visa. We just lodged the visa 820 3 weeks ago and received our granted yesterday. We did not expect it to be granted in 3 weeks(820 visa ). It seems if you enter on the pmv 300 and marry quite quickly then lodge the 820 visa, it all happens very quickly. We were expecting it to be a 12 month wait. She also did everything in her maiden name and the new 820 is still in her maiden name which thinking about it is causing a bit of confusion as we thought it would come back with her married name on the visa letter. She is ringing immi this afternoon to see if she has to change her passport to married name as its free in first 12 mnths and get the new visa switched to married name as well. We found the 820 visa easier than the pmv 300. We handed in much the same documents along with our marriage certificate. Was all fine.

onshore we didn't hand in the form 80 with the visa 820. My wife came to oz In November on pmv 300 visa. We just lodged the visa 820 3 weeks ago and received our granted yesterday. We did not expect it to be granted in 3 weeks(820 visa ). It seems if you enter on the pmv 300 and marry quite quickly then lodge the 820 visa, it all happens very quickly. We were expecting it to be a 12 month wait. She also did everything in her maiden name and the new 820 is still in her maiden name which thinking about it is causing a bit of confusion as we thought it would come back with her married name on the visa letter. She is ringing immi this afternoon to see if she has to change her passport to married name as its free in first 12 mnths and get the new visa switched to married name as well. We found the 820 visa easier than the pmv 300. We handed in much the same documents along with our marriage certificate. Was all fine.

Brilliant news ...thank you ...please let me know how it goes ....dont mind useing my maiden name ......

Brilliant news ...thank you ...please let me know how it goes ....dont mind useing my maiden name ......

They just said on the phone,after 20 bloody minutes that they have to issue the visa with the same name as on the passport which was her maiden name. If she wants to change to married name she needs to fill a form out and provide proof of identity with supporting proof that she is now using her married name. So along with a new passport with married name she must provide other evidence such as drivers license, bills ect with her married name along with the form filled in and they will change the details on visa over to her married name.

Hope helps, too confusing for my simple mind. Maiden name sounds like the easier option.

We just lodged the visa 820 3 weeks ago and received our granted yesterday. We did not expect it to be granted in 3 weeks(820 visa ). It seems if you enter on the pmv 300 and marry quite quickly then lodge the 820 visa, it all happens very quickly.

That was my experience too - 820 within a couple of weeks and 801 within a month of the eligible date. The paperwork is a hassle - you do need to keep resubmitting copies of the same things - but they basically suss you out for the 300 and unless the circumstances change then they have no reason not to grant quickly.

Archived