British shorthairs to NSW

Hi Guys

We have 2 British Shorthair cats both 6 year old. They are indoor cats(outdoor in their enclosure or on lead ) both neutered. Would like to know what is the procedure and the costs involved to take them with us to NSW?

Appreciate your help.

Hi mine was a moggy and going to cost approx £2000, this included the various jabs which includes rabies and I think blood test to prove immunity, the flight and quarentine. However he is an 'old man' and vet recommended prob best not as hes also also all white and needs sun lotion here so unfortunately he will be rehomed before we go

Hi, I had a quote from airpets(?) about 6 months ago. To ship my two bsh moggies was about £3200 that included collection from home, overnight at airport cattery, flights and 30 day quarrantine period. On top of that I have paid for pet passports (£50 each) which included microchip and rabies jab. Blood tests were about £80 for each of them. There has been talk of the quarrantine period going down to 10 days but nothing confirmed yet. Quarrantine time is also dependant on time lapsed from blood tests (I think). For up to date info best bet is speak to your vet or DEFRA.

Dear Chubbs

First thing is to plan a rough time of when you are going. Then around 6-7 months before that get your cats a rabies vaccination and rabies blood sample. if they get the rabies blood sample within 150 days and 12 months of the flight date they will serve minimum quarantine.

Rough price for 2 x BSH to Sydney would be £2342 (including collection, permits, vet check and export papers) but not quarantine. FYI quarantine is $1000 AUD for one cat and around $800 AUD for the second cat, most pet shippers in UK will not include that in the UK costs routinely, so check any quotes carefully.

Hope that helps and if you would like anything else let us know.

Bob

http://www.petairuk.com

Hey Chubbs

if you have had the rabies work done at least 5 months before the flight date, the cats can fly and spend 30 days in quarantine. if you are only doing it now and you want to go in 2-3 months, then either the cats can stay in quarantine until a time 180 days after they had the rabies blood sample or they can come and stay with us for the intervening period so they serve only 30 days in quarantine.

If you have not started the rabies work then get a wriggle on!

IMG_20130422_180043 (1).jpg

​We brought our British blue shorthair to Sydney with PetAir in Oct last year, was a good service all round. Cat survived quarantine and was in good shape at Eastern Creek - well looked after (although he learned to meow loudly there).

He's sitting on my leg as I write this. However he is still a demanding little b*******!

IMG_20130422_180043 (1).jpg

Edited by markb28