Special Needs teachers.

Guest Ruth and Don

Guest Ruth and Don

I am currently a special needs teacher in the U.K working in a large special school for pupils with profound and complex learning dificulties. I love my job so want to continue in this teaching role in Australia. I have a BA in primary education and have nearly finished the first year of a Post grad diploma in special needs education (year one will give me a PGCE so that i can get teacher registration in Aus)

It would be really great to hear from anyone who has information about special schools in Melbourne or can direct me to web sites with relevent info. We hope to get to Aus by mid 2008

Thanks.

:spinny:

Victoria were in the vanguard of inclusive education and closed many of their special schools - there are a few left but not nearly as many as there used to be.

This Program for Students with Disabilities - Students with Disabilities - Student wellbeing will give you an overview of special ed services in Victoria but I think the only way to find out more will be to hunt out a special school and ask them. Search engine here Schools Online - Search Page and tick the special school box that will list them all.

Guest Ruth and Don
Victoria were in the vanguard of inclusive education and closed many of their special schools - there are a few left but not nearly as many as there used to be.

This Program for Students with Disabilities - Students with Disabilities - Student wellbeing will give you an overview of special ed services in Victoria but I think the only way to find out more will be to hunt out a special school and ask them. Search engine here Schools Online - Search Page and tick the special school box that will list them all.

Thank you that is useful to know i will look at the sites.

Regards Ruth

Archived