Forklift Operator

douglashv

Hi, I'm a Chemical Engineer from Venezuela with five years of experience going to Perth in about one year. I've been thinking of working as a forklift operator as a casual job for a few months after my arrival, while a find a job in my field.

I've been researching what I would need, and I have found this:

- Driver's License ¿Which one?

-National Licence in High Risk Work for Forklift Operation issued by WorkSafe ¿Which institute do you recommend in Perth?

I also need to improve my English a bit, although I got 7/7/7/6,5(writing) on the IELTS test, I still found that I need to polish it, and I know this is going to make difficult my job hunting in my field. Working as a Forklift Operator while I improve my English and find work as a Chemical Engineer, doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi douglashv,

I am doing my forklift licence here next week, (i am a welder fabricator) you need the driving licence only as a form of identification along with a second form of I'd such as bank card, passport etc.

if you have experience in driving and operating a forklift you can do a one day course as long as you can provide evidence of prior learning I.e. previous licences, certificates, employer work history etc if not then its a two day course.

once you have passed the course you are then issued with a high risk work licence from work safe, this takes a couple of weeks to arrive so you need an address.

i can recommend a couple of training places that I have used all of them do various courses for the construction industry.

if you do require their names you will have to personal message me as I don't think I am allowed to show the names of them on here due to advertising rules etc.

anyhow hope this helps good luck :wink:

Archived