Cant wait to get to Perth

Guest Shaun/Paula

Guest Shaun/Paula

Hi everyone i'm Paula 29 stay at home mum, husband Shaun 32 plumber/gasfitter, Jessica 5 and Connor 2. We started around may last year night mare trying to get anything off Shauns work , theyve finally sent everything now, so hopefully will be able to get started on our TRAS, i hope everything is straight forward from now on , i thought we would be well on our way by now . Would be nice to get talking to others in same position now.

All i can say is get everything prepared for you DIMIA application cause once you get you ref number in relation to you hubby's trade (don't worry I had a nightmare, self employed brickie :oops: :oops: :oops: ) you are ready to submit your DIMIA application.

Best of luck in your new life in Perth, we are off to Melbourne :P:P:P:P:P

5 months and counting and a month prior to arrival travelling in Thailand for good behaviour :D:D:D:D

Bet

Guest markyblueyes

hi folks

we too are going to perth!! im new to this site today ive been using go matilda the last few months as a source of info and chat.

we only got back from a family holiday to oz at the weekend and we are on a downer already!!

our visa app went off in may we have had the medicals before we went to oz (try to save some time) and police checks went with main application. im a npaediatric nurse my wife a physio so hopefully work will be easy to find.

we are eagerly awaiting some kind of email from adelaide telling us whats happening!! if only

all i can say is keep at it, keep waiting and dot the :shock: and cross the t's with everything you send

good luck with your journey :lol:

Guest bikergirl

Hi I have joined the site yesterday and have already found it great.

Not sure if others found the same but one bit of advice when logging your application and assessments if when you get them certified make copies.

I had to send two lots over at different times and had I not had this advice from another person I would have wasted time trying to get them certified again.

Good luck with everything.

Guest markyblueyes

hi bikergirl

all our stuff went off in may!!!! so know where your coming from!! we expecting answer shortly :shock:

Guest kazzy01

Hi Mark

I have a question for you....

I am currently waiting for skills assessment to come back before I can submit the main application for a visa.

One of the conditions of the visa being granted is that you cannot be in Australia at the point in time it is granted.

I therefore understood that once my application was made, I would not be able to go to AUstralia until after the visa is granted so that I do not jeopardise the chances of it being granted. As presumably, you don't know when the visa will be granted so in my mind, not worth the risk....

So how come you managed a trip? Did you not think of this ?

Thanks for clarification

Karen

Guest markyblueyes

hi karen

the answer is you are allowed to visit australia at anytime even after the application is lodged ( i panicked a bit also before i found out) what the dimia day is that if you intend to visit australia you must notify them officially in writing (change of circumstance form) this then will avoid them issuing a visa and notifying you of any queries on your visa application. only if you fail to notify them of your intention to travel and they issue the visa while you are in oz can they then cancel your visa application for failing to give them any notification

hope that helps

mark

Guest Holyman

Paula,

Can you help. We are meeting a lady coming over from Perth in October at the Opportunities Australia do in Earls court. She thinks she can help with obtaining work for my hubby Terry. Have only just to go for good (if they will have us) and are in the process of sorting throught what the gov wants.

Will our application be stronger with a job offer in place? or just go in feet first. Does it make no difference? We are loathed to apply under the wrong occupation and think a job offer would make a difference (I am just trying to sort things out in my min). Terry has a couple of options when applying, but we obviously need to go with the one that he can most likely succeed in obtaining work (HGV 1 - Driver/Maintenance/Mechanic - Road trains in mind). We have been told of a shortage in this area that they are keen to speak to him about.

Help - getting very confused.

Carol (the wife)

Guest Shaun/Paula

Hi Carol

Just looked at my emails sorry i havent replied,

Shaun my husband hasn't got a job to go to he has to sit an exam before he can get a job, i suppose he could apply and explain his situation, but i think we've just decided to go and sot every thing out when we get there. good or bad idea i'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mark&Justine

Hi Holyman

Heading to Perth soon as we have the go ahead, just been successful with our TRA Application, if possible could you give us any details regarding the Conference in Earls Court in London, (if they are talking regarding Perth) I would be interested in attending.

Any details would be great!

Thanks

Justine

Hi my husband and I are both being sponsored to work in Oz. The company sponsoring us is just about to hand in all paperwork, they have been told that they should pass the requirements and then we have to do our bit.

a)Does anyone know how long this can all take? - have been told 6wks and we could be there

b) Once the company passes the requirements how likely is it that we can still fail the application?

c) How hard will it be for us to organise accommodation,flights,shipping furniture in that time?

d) are we doing the right thing????????????? Does anyone else have as many second doubts as I do?

thanks

• 5 years later...
Hi my husband and I are both being sponsored to work in Oz. The company sponsoring us is just about to hand in all paperwork, they have been told that they should pass the requirements and then we have to do our bit.

a)Does anyone know how long this can all take? - have been told 6wks and we could be there

b) Once the company passes the requirements how likely is it that we can still fail the application?

c) How hard will it be for us to organise accommodation,flights,shipping furniture in that time?

d) are we doing the right thing????????????? Does anyone else have as many second doubts as I do?

thanks

Did the sponsorship go through in the end?

Archived