How do you deal with the waiting?

Tulip

Not really an 'issue' but I thought anyone waiting for a visa could join in and tell how they handle waiting for the all important day when you can actually leave to go to Australia!

Me, I'm trying to lose weight so that's taking up some of my mind space, I'm also clicker training one of the dogs to do a few tricks, taking long walks, job interviews coming up... but every now and then Australia creeps into my mind and all I can think about is sitting on a deck with my dog and watching the parrots fly past. When it does, my head spins, and I feel like booking a flight immediately! How does anyone else cope with the waiting?

We hope to be out there late June or mid-August (August is looking more likely) so I still have a little while to wait yet, for now I'm just twiddling my thumbs. I don't MIND the waiting, I knew it was going to happen, but I am so excited about getting out there and settling down that it's sending me doolally.

Well, what can I say Tulip - not very well in my case :embarrassed: There were quite a few occasions when I could quite easily have stuck two fingers up and told someone where to shove it. My OH and the Wrinklies have been my rocks and kept me going. The meds was the absolute torture for me as I felt I had really messed things up.

We are still not in a position to go at the moment as we are still trying to sell our house after 10 months of being on the market, but we know it will happen eventually. We now know that "they" want us now so are happy to tread water until then.

I had hoped to be going late June early July, but all I know at the mo that we will be there by 18 Jan as this is our activation date.

Its been easy for us, we both happy enough at work, using the holidays to see the last of Europe and the weekends to see the last of the UK. Starting packing slowly, I think they are very fair, they have been upfront right from the start how long the wait time was so it hasnt really been an issue. I have started looking for work, even applied for a few UK jobs for interview practice so I now have an up-to-date CV and about 5 covering letters they seem to love in AUs

Archived