8 months queue for Visas????????

Maz

Hi,

My OH is a plumber and we posted our Vetasses app today to agent. We were told that we have missed the April practicals and will now need to wait till next one in June/July. Takes a month to issue results then will post visa app (around August), takes 8 months to grant the visas so we are looking at about April next year - We were originally hoping to be there by Christmas this year !!

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to find out if you're definately getting the visa, do you need to wait the 8 months to be told its okay or does this include how long is takes to receive the long awaited visas in your hand? :goofy:

Sooo many questions -thanks for any advice

Maz x

Guest TRACEY & PETER

We sent our TRA to vetassess yesterday and our agent told us that my husband should still get in to April practical test for Electricians.

If we get a pass within 4-6 weeks we should still have time to book test for April,

Fingers crosed, how long did your agent say it would take for the paper based app to come back, most do come back within 4-5 weeks judging by peoples treads on this site.

Anyway good luck and where are you thinking of going, we are heading for Melbourne.

Cheers

Tracey

Hi it took about 4-5 weeks for ours to come back, we are hopefully going to be in April's practicals but as yet have not been told if we r booked on it. It is from 7th-12th April in London, will post when we know for definate. Good luck on your paperwork results.

Applications should be received by VETASSESS at least 8 weeks before the practical - so this week just gone would be the deadline. I think the yare desperate to get more applicants so if they received an application next week wit ha request for inclusion in the April practicals, I'm sure they will do what they can - you can only gain by trying this, nothing to lose.

Will be good when the yget their on-line application system sorted.

Regards

Thanks for your replies, agent has said he will try his best and get us through in time for the April practicals so fingers crossed!

Hopefully this means we might be able to get there for January (wanted to be there for schools starting new term end of January), just can't believe it takes 8 months after this stage for visa to come through. Does anyone know if it takes the 8 months to get an answer to whether getting visa ok or to actually receive it through post?

Tracey - we are also hoping to go to Melbourne and have been looking at Point Cook, Sanctuary Lakes area. Where abouts are you hoping to go?

Maz

Archived