Medicals delayedbut not our fault

scotexpat

Today i have contacted my migration agent to ask about medicals. Basicly we had our medicals done begining of March 2013 along with the police checks. Now we have had our medicals signed off by Medibank etc but my question was how long will it take from receipt of medicals and police checks until the PR visa is granted.

This is his reply

"Once all police checks and medicals have cleared the visas are granted immediately. However, there is a very long delay in getting medicals cleared at the moment; we have people waiting from before Christmas."

like what the hell!!! is anyone else in the same boat?

• 1 month later...

"Once all police checks and medicals have cleared the visas are granted immediately."

This is only if your visa was already "approved in principle" by the Case Officer (CO) who then requested your medicals and PCC to complete the process.

For new applications that havent been allocated or finalised, there is no guarantee on the approval timeframe.

So if you applied for your visa with medicals and PCC and your visa was approved 2 years later, then the CO would request these again as the PCC/Medical become invalid. In that instance, your visa would be granted as soon as you provided the revised documents and nothing out of the ordinary appears there.

Assuming your medical is not referred, as all the necessary docs are submitted; i hope it won't take too much time if you applied through the new system (EOI). Once the CO checks all the Docs and the all the requirements are fulfilled, your visa will be granted very soon. You can ask you agent to send a mail to the CO. In my case, it worked.

Archived