State Sponsorship March-April'13 gang

Ishaan

Hey all,

Lets start a new thread where people who have got their ACT SS in March or are about to get there in April 2013 can post stuff !

This way we'll be in touch with people who are at same pace as your's !

Birds With Same Feather, flock together

I have filed for my SS on 12th march and from my calculations, i feel i'll be getting it somewhere around 26th April ! anyone else ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck eranga !! Have u sorted out your partner stuff and all ?

Thanks Ishaan..And wish you the same..Actually I went ahead with my agent's advice..Did not include the details in SS application.but planning to when lodging visa. :smile:

Thanks Ishaan..And wish you the same..Actually I went ahead with my agent's advice..Did not include the details in SS application.but planning to when lodging visa. :smile:

I guess its same with me !! My agent doesnt keeps me in loop whenever he send anything :'(

Hi, please add me, submitted ACT SS on Feb 26th and paid the same day but not heard anything back yet, is it normal?Yang
Its absolutely normal ! I guess ur calculating only 30 days but missing the point that these 30 days should be Working Days. So if you calculate 30 working days, your date comes out to be 12th April. So wait by then :)What is your occupation ?

Its absolutely normal ! I guess ur calculating only 30 days but missing the point that these 30 days should be Working Days. So if you calculate 30 working days, your date comes out to be 12th April. So wait by then :)What is your occupation ?

You are right Ishaan, it appears March's got 3 public holidays, so, yes i'll keep waiting. I'm on a rather small category- sales representative industrial products

You are right Ishaan, it appears March's got 3 public holidays, so, yes i'll keep waiting. I'm on a rather small category- sales representative industrial products

Good luck with your application.. did they send you an acknowledgement ? did they mention anything about the CO ? One of my friends hasnt got the sponsorship yet, but instead got a mail from ACT stating that she will be assigned a CO soon.. It's pretty confusing, isnt it ?

Good luck with your application.. did they send you an acknowledgement ? did they mention anything about the CO ? One of my friends hasnt got the sponsorship yet, but instead got a mail from ACT stating that she will be assigned a CO soon.. It's pretty confusing, isnt it ?

Hi Ishaan, did you receive an acknowledgement or anything about the CO from ACT? I contacted my agent today and still I haven't.

Hi Ishaan, did you receive an acknowledgement or anything about the CO from ACT? I contacted my agent today and still I haven't.

No, i didnt got anything related to CO ! But one of my friends before getting a Sponsorship, got a email from them saying that she'll be assigned a CO soon !

I am cross-checking it with u.. Coz i didnt got any such thing.. did u ?

No, i didnt got anything related to CO ! But one of my friends before getting a Sponsorship, got a email from them saying that she'll be assigned a CO soon !

I am cross-checking it with u.. Coz i didnt got any such thing.. did u ?

Nope, I haven't got any response from them after submitting my application, according to the agent. May be it's too early given the fact that it takes 30 working days for the process.

But I'm a bit confused here..What is the normal procedure?

01. Do we receive an acknowledgement from ACT? If so with in how many working days roughly?

02. Do we receive another mail to inform us that the the application has been allocated to a CO? If so with in how many working days? ( I guess it's the case as per your friend)

03. Do they send the results by email or post?

Hey all,

Lets start a new thread where people who have got their ACT SS in March or are about to get there in April 2013 can post stuff !

This way we'll be in touch with people who are at same pace as your's !

Birds With Same Feather, flock together

I have filed for my SS on 12th march and from my calculations, i feel i'll be getting it somewhere around 26th April ! anyone else ?

Hi Ishaan,

For which state you applied ? how uch experience a software tester need to get a SS?

Any help regarding this is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Punj

Nope, I haven't got any response from them after submitting my application, according to the agent. May be it's too early given the fact that it takes 30 working days for the process.

But I'm a bit confused here..What is the normal procedure?

01. Do we receive an acknowledgement from ACT? If so with in how many working days roughly?

02. Do we receive another mail to inform us that the the application has been allocated to a CO? If so with in how many working days? ( I guess it's the case as per your friend)

03. Do they send the results by email or post?

Eranga, Im myself confused about whats going on in ACT ! I have a different case. I filed for my SS on 13th March to which they replied on 24th March saying that they didnt receive the payment yet and i am only left with 2 more days to make the payment of A$300 or else my Application will lapse. So i paid them A$300 again on 25th March and wrote them the transactions details with reference number of the payment i made on 13th march. They replied that they have now confirmed the payment of 13th March and my lodgement date will be considered as 13th March only.

This is it ! no other emails or communication by them. I guess they email us the outcome of our Nomination application by 30 working days ! i.e 6 weeks !

Hi Ishaan,

For which state you applied ? how uch experience a software tester need to get a SS?

Any help regarding this is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Punj

Hi Punj,

I have now applied for ACT ! Earlier i applied for Victoria as well. you can see my timeline for each and every detail. Minimum 3 years of experience is what they want to be eligible for migration. Rest it entirely depends from State to State. Are you a Software Tester as well ? What is your story ?

Hi Punj,

I have now applied for ACT ! Earlier i applied for Victoria as well. you can see my timeline for each and every detail. Minimum 3 years of experience is what they want to be eligible for migration. Rest it entirely depends from State to State. Are you a Software Tester as well ? What is your story ?

i am also a software tester with 3 years of exp; got 7 bands in each module of IELTS; but age is still 24; so looking for a SS... for which state shall i opt for? hmmm.... Victoria rejected your application? what was the reason for that? how about SA or WA ? isnt it comparatively easy to get their sponsorship?

i am also a software tester with 3 years of exp; got 7 bands in each module of IELTS; but age is still 24; so looking for a SS... for which state shall i opt for? hmmm.... Victoria rejected your application? what was the reason for that? how about SA or WA ? isnt it comparatively easy to get their sponsorship?

Here's your point calculation:

Age (24yrs) - 25

IELTS (7 each)- 10

Education - 15

Work ex (3yrs) - 5

------------------------

Total - 55 points.

Now u have got 2 options, Either to apply for any of the 2 visas:

1) 489 Visa - Temporary Residency - With 3 years of experience and 7 in each band, I will recommend you to file for 489. Because you are only fulfilling their minimum eligibility, whereas they might be receiving applications with much high caliber than yours. Moreover, if you apply for 489 visa, you will get 10 points for your sponsorship, taking your total score to 65 points and much brighter chances of Visa success. And also, since its a TR VISA, Australian government wont have to pay for your Medical insurances, Your child education, Centre Link, this way you will be cost-effective to them and you will have really good chances to get this Visa.

2) 190 Visa - Permanent. I wont recommend you to file for this Visa. Because, Only Victoria and ACt are the only 2 states left at this point who are nominating Software Testers. It will be hard for you to get Victorian Nomination because of your 3 years experience, which is the minimum eligibility and 7 each IELTs again minimum eligibility. Moreover Victoria doesnt charge you for filing a SS, so, Victoria is getting millions of applications. They don't find any good reason for nominating you while leaving all the other applicants behind. Lets talk about ACT now. You can apply for ACT, but the irony is - software Testers are in limited availability in ACT. They have almost met the application ceiling. you have to get your Profession verified before you actually file for a SS. For that you need to provide them your ACS result, Work Ex, IELTS, Commitment Statement, Settlement Statement, Proof of Funds and Market Research for Jobs. Once you submit all these things, ACT will then decide if you can file for your SS or not. If you get a positive response only then you are eligible to file for ACT SS. ACT will charge you $300 for application and still wont guarantee you if your application will be successful. Moreover you will get only 5 points if you apply for 190 sponsorship.

In my opinion, you should wait for another 1 year. This will not only help you in gaining more experience, but will also enable you to bag additional 5 points for your age (You'll be 25 years + )

Hope this helps !!

SA or WA dont nominate Software Testers !

indeed this is very helpful information; need to think about the first option. but for that also person has to get a SS either from Victoria or ACT..isnt it?

Yes its true ! you need to get a sponsorship for 489 Visa. You get 10 points for 489 sponsorship. Now, you need to find states that offer 489 SS. ACT does not !

Best option is wait till July. Fresh list will come up in July 2013. You can apply then !

Eranga, Im myself confused about whats going on in ACT ! I have a different case. I filed for my SS on 13th March to which they replied on 24th March saying that they didnt receive the payment yet and i am only left with 2 more days to make the payment of A$300 or else my Application will lapse. So i paid them A$300 again on 25th March and wrote them the transactions details with reference number of the payment i made on 13th march. They replied that they have now confirmed the payment of 13th March and my lodgement date will be considered as 13th March only.

This is it ! no other emails or communication by them. I guess they email us the outcome of our Nomination application by 30 working days ! i.e 6 weeks !

I think there are 2 holidays in Apr. So hopefully by 25th of Apr you should receive a response from ACT. Fingers crossed.

In my case they have deducted $300 from my credit card the same day my agent submitted the application. But no news since then.

I think there are 2 holidays in Apr. So hopefully by 25th of Apr you should receive a response from ACT. Fingers crossed.

In my case they have deducted $300 from my credit card the same day my agent submitted the application. But no news since then.

I strongly recommend you to email and ask them about your lodgement date !!