E457 APPROVED!! What next?

MikenSal

Guest chrissy63

Hi

You should have an email (evisa) from your caseworker which should state you can enter OZ without the visa evidenced in your passport. However we have sent off our passports today to get it evidenced anyway but not necessary.

We have had ours since beginning of Jan and have now managed to sell house so we are now really frustrated because the waiting goes on!!!!!!!!

Good Luck

Guest GoodersGang

Can either of you help me with a small query??

I am applying for a 457 visa and everything is in but now my case worker wants more info. My employer only seems to have nominated me and not my wife and kids as well. Do you have any idea what I have to do next?? Is it just a covering letter!!

Thanks

Steve

Guest chrissy63

Hi steve

Before we applied for visa i had to send details of husband and children to my sponsors. I guess that was so they could be included. I did have to send birth certs, copy of passport and photos etc with application so co had everyones details.

Good Luck

Guest GoodersGang
Hi steve

Before we applied for visa i had to send details of husband and children to my sponsors. I guess that was so they could be included. I did have to send birth certs, copy of passport and photos etc with application so co had everyones details.

Good Luck

Thanks !all our meds have been finalised now they must just need a covering letter from my new employer then it will be all systems go!!!

Thanks again:yes:

Steve

Guest itskaren
We had our E457 approved today:jiggy: so things are really moving now. Can anybody tell me what next? Do we get our visas stamped in Aus or do we have to send them to Aus House in London?

Hi we have only just come on e457 visas in Dec. You travel normally as everything is on line. Once you arrive in whereever (we are in Melbourne) you queue up like the passport office and they will put your visa in your passport. Easy! hope this helps. Karen

Guest billy braveheart

As karen says ,no need to send passports away to get the visa put in them in the uk BUT,when ure on a 457 and you go for your reciprocal medicare card they will want your uk health card as proof you were born in the uk, even tho it gives your place of birth on passport silly i know but we had a load of hastle because ours was put in after we arrived in perth,she said that a lot of people have uk passports that wernt born in the uk doh just a little bit of advice to stop you having the same

hope all goes smoothly for you

billy

Thanks everyone. We just heard that they want me to start 1st week in April!!! MAJOR PANIC!!! Looks like we'll have to sell they house through one of those companies that offer you 80 - 85% market value. Bummer.... Its a loss but we got a damn site more to lose if we don't.

Exciting though. :spinny:

Guest billy braveheart

get the estate agent to do it for you and forward your cash to you in oz.

get your solicitor act as power of attorney for you OR a trusted family member .thats what we done as we were already here before our house sold,and had no probs and didnt cost us a percentage

where u heading?

billy

Can either of you help me with a small query??

I am applying for a 457 visa and everything is in but now my case worker wants more info. My employer only seems to have nominated me and not my wife and kids as well. Do you have any idea what I have to do next?? Is it just a covering letter!!

Thanks

Steve

Alright matey. You will need your sponsor to supply a letter either to you(to forward to immigration) or directly to DIMIA(your employer will need your 'TRN' number). It basically has to confirm that your employer is extending their sponsorship to your dependants. You will also (if you havent already) have to supply your employer with the full names, date of births and possibly even passport numbers of your family, to be included in the letter. Good luck. and beware, it starts happening VERY quickly when everything is submitted. We were given 28 days to lodge ALL documents and evidence INCLUDING meds. We recieved that email on christmas eve of all times!! You try getting a Med appointment over the xmas/new year break. The hospitals may be open but the reception staff weren't working!. Still we scraped in with 2 days to spare! :swoon:

Good luck and may it all run smoothly.

I wish we were in a position to do that, but there is no way we could still pay the mortgage AND move over to Aus. We have had a 2 year court battle and so lot of costs (to gain consent to bring my 2 stepsons), so financially we are wiped out. We need the equity to get over here and set ourselves up.

We are heading to Perth. I have a job painting aircraft at RAAF Pearce in Bullsbrook.

Thanks for the advice, I just wish we could do it that way. Still, nothings gone smoothly so we shouldn't expect it to start now :)

As karen says ,no need to send passports away to get the visa put in them in the uk BUT,when ure on a 457 and you go for your reciprocal medicare card they will want your uk health card as proof you were born in the uk, even tho it gives your place of birth on passport silly i know but we had a load of hastle because ours was put in after we arrived in perth,she said that a lot of people have uk passports that wernt born in the uk doh just a little bit of advice to stop you having the same

hope all goes smoothly for you

billy

Hi Billy,

I am a UK citizen but not born in the UK. When the time comes, is it better for me to have the visa endorsed on my passport in the UK or in Aussy. What implications does my not being born in the UK have on reciprocal medicare card? . I was thinking would be a good idea to have the visas endorsed in London. what are your views and my fellow comrades' on this.

Cheers

Timi

Guest billy braveheart

sorry timi cant answer your question,i only posted what hapopened to us,you would have to perhaps talk to a registered agent for your answer to that one

Archived