Adding extras for skills assessment!

PoMoSo

Hi all!

As I dont have any work experience within my field, and my degree may not be enough to claim an occupation on the SOL and get a positive skills assessment.

Therefor, I was thinking I could take a couple of independent uni courses that I know is needed to better my chance of getting a positive skills assessment.

Now, my question is, the ACS writes "Example of units undertaken in higher education qualifications" , does qualification here imply an actual degree, diploma etc, or can it also be independent uni courses?

Much appreciated for your help!

Well, initially I was considering applying for ICT Business Analyst or Systems Analyst, but Ive understood that those two are already filled up and that alot of people apply for a PR using either one so it may be so that either they are filled up again in next years round in Skillselect or that the queue is too long. So I have two options, add some more uni courses for the two above mentioned occupations, or study some uni courses in programming to be able to qualify as some of the other ACS occupations such as Software Engineer or Developer Programmer. This shouldnt be a problem as I already know some programming, but it will surely take me some time. Also, Im currently taking my Masters, and this one is more related to the occupations I was thinking to apply for (or at least i think).

Courses that I have:

BSc in Business Management;

Year 1:

Intro to Management

Intro to Economics

Intro to Accounting and Finance

Quantitative Methods for Information Technology

Year 2:

Management Accounting 1

Organizational Behavior

Perspectives on Operations Management

Intro to Marketing

International Business Environment

Employee Relations

Intro to Banking

Portfolio Analysis

Year 3:

Business Strategy

HRM

Management, Innovation and New Technology

Advanced Organizational Behavior

Business Ethics

Advanced Marketing

International Finance

Financial Markets and Monetary Policy

MPhil in Informatics (currently about to finish my first year)

Year 1:

Business Innovation and Development

Strategy Development

Architectural Design

Change Management

Year 2:

Only a thesis.

Much appreciated for any help or advice!

So my original question was whether or not I can just add some independent uni courses, or is it only full uni degree's that they look at when assessing?

according to the ACS criteria

http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/7324/Summary-of-Criteria.pdf

only a degree/diploma/masters/or a doctors degree are assessed....however, you said you have no IT work experience??

p.s if you get your MCITP or MCSE this is comparable to AQF diploma with an ICT major

Archived