Eating out in Perth

Goochie

Only tried Frasers once and the service was so poor we didn't end up eating anything. Left before. Just had a look at the menu and it is pretty dull.

Have enjoyed Amuse on more thuan one occasion, but the last time was only just "ok". A bit tasteless, which isn't acceptable at the price.

Rockpool was "ok" but not great and I have cooked better steaks myself and dishes that were not steak were poor. A shame as have eaten at the Sydney original multiple times and never had a bad meal.

Nobu was excellent. But, begrudged paying a lot more than I had in London for the same meal. But probably my favourite in Perth.

I was blown away by the food, service and wine at Opus (Richardson Hotel restaurant).

We had the degustation menu and the attention to detail was astounding. At $145 each (including wine) it was certainly not cheap and to be fair I have probably never spent that much on a meal anywhere before but it was our 20th wedding anniversary and a rare night out as a couple.

The George on St. Georges Terrace I like too for a casual meal and I recently went to the Copper Chimney in South Fremantle and had the best curry I've had since arriving in Perth.

Wild Poppy in Fremantle does amazing food too but it's not open on an evening and I wouldn't normally pay $20+ a head for lunch though it is well worth it.

Archived