My furry friend leaves for melbourne tomorrow

dinkydoo

Ozzy isn't very happy. He has sulked under the bed for most of the week. He has a few minutes of running around but he's seriously moody!!

He has been on dried food in quarantine so I bought the same food, he was happy to eat it for a day then started refusing to eat it, knowing that I would give in and give him some pouch food, so I started giving him half a pouch a day, now he won't eat anything!!

Im hoping that if I ignore him he will eventually eat the dried food! He is certainly making me feel bad!! He will probably just get used to the holiday let and we will have to move to our long term rental!!

Wish he would be his cheeky self again. I might regret saying that!!! But at the moment it's not easy seeing him so sad and lethargic

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Ozzy, he must be finding it tough to adjust but I'm sure he'll eat what you give him when he's hungry enough :) Have you thought of a Feliway diffuser? It diffuses a 'happy pheromone' for cats and if you plug it in near their bed or where they spend a lot of time then it can help them to relax a little. It's not a drug - just a synthetically made pheromone produced by cats when they're happy. It doesn't smell to people and can work well with some cats. I hope he feels better soon and stops giving you the guilt trip...

Only 6 sleeps til we collect Finlay now..it's getting closer!!

Emma

Hi Emma,

he seems a bit better now, he's eating a bit more than he was but still hiding under the bed quite a lot. We have a feliway diffuser and spray, not sure if its helping! We used them in the house before we moved out as well. And when we get the keys to our new place I will put on I. There before we move in. I guess it all takes time!

Good luck with collecting Finlay. X