Anyone know about entering Australia on a tourist visa whilst waiting for 190?

TheHamiltons777

So you are thinking of doing it ... for best advice it might help if you could give us a clue about what you want to know? What is troubling you?

In the absence of knowing what you are looking for, my advice is don't do it. I will leave it as cryptic as your question. :wink:

Guest guest30085

I believe the OP wants to know if it is possible to travel to Australia on a tourist visa whilst they await the grant of their 190 State Sponsorship Visa?

OP- yes I believe you can but as far as I know you just need to liaise with your Case Officer and let them know you are on a temporary visa inside Australia, I'm not sure if the off-shore still applies now to SS visas, meaning you would have to leave Oz for a few days whilst the 190 was granted and again you would need to liaise with your CO on the timings of the visa grant - this used to be the case with the former SS visa 176

I believe the OP wants to know if it is possible to travel to Australia on a tourist visa whilst they await the grant of their 190 State Sponsorship Visa?

OP- yes I believe you can but as far as I know you just need to liaise with your Case Officer and let them know you are on a temporary visa inside Australia, I'm not sure if the off-shore still applies now to SS visas, meaning you would have to leave Oz for a few days whilst the 190 was granted and again you would need to liaise with your CO on the timings of the visa grant - this used to be the case with the former SS visa 176

Thank you for your advice. You were right, I was just looking to know if it was a possibility as dont know anything about it to be homest! Didn't realise I was being cryptic!! I will get in contact with our CO next week.

Does anyone know about entering Oz on a tourist visa whilst waiting for 190 to be finalised?

Not a problem. All you have to do is apply. Processing of a 190 should not take very long, so there might be little point in applying for a visitor visa.

Not a problem. All you have to do is apply. Processing of a 190 should not take very long, so there might be little point in applying for a visitor visa.

Thanks for that. I am only looking as a last resort as hoping the 190 will be processed in time. We have a very small windows in which we can fly as I am pregnant so needed to know if it was something we could do.

Hi there,

anything I am saying should be double checked with an RMA and this is only my opinion:

Firstly, a visitor visa is only for a genuine intention to visit Australia. As per my understanding, you might be asked by an immigration officer why you are coming to Australia on a tourist visa whilst having a pending application for a permanent visa.... If your intentions are not genuine, your visitor visa could be cancelled.

Secondly, 190 visa can be granted while you are in Australia. You might also be eligible to a bridging visa if you manage to come to Australia depending on further circumstances.

Archived