Sydney - 1st week thoughts

JonnoA

In Sydney next week for a work trip. Have the weekend there and really looking forward to it.

I can go to restaurants that I couldn't afford to go to when I was over there with the wife and son for our anniversary. I know Sydney very well and were staying near Darling Harbour. I had told my wife about a couple of restaurants I really like there (The Meat and Wine Co for one) but when we looked at the menu decided we couldn't afford it and went somewhere cheaper. When work are paying it doesn't matter.

What we did find was the amount of places that do happy hour with pints around $5. We had a couple of hours when we manged to find places that did happy hour from 5-6 and the another from 6-7. No problem taking the 16 year old in with us to have a hot chocolate or soft drink too. Nice atmosphere in all of them.

Really like being over there for the weekend. Plenty of walking and exploring and no-one to think about but me. Work picking up the bill too...... Bonus.

In Sydney next week for a work trip.

Fancy a pint?

Have the weekend there and really looking forward to it.

I can go to restaurants that I couldn't afford to go to when I was over there with the wife and son for our anniversary. I know Sydney very well and were staying near Darling Harbour. I had told my wife about a couple of restaurants I really like there (The Meat and Wine Co for one) but when we looked at the menu decided we couldn't afford it and went somewhere cheaper. When work are paying it doesn't matter.

Quite like that place. Good casual dining gaff

If you're staying in Kings Cross again Paul, try some of the Italians down Stanley St in Darlinghurst. Some crackers there. I particularly like Verde. Only if work are paying, obviously, not that cheap ;-)

What we did find was the amount of places that do happy hour with pints around $5. We had a couple of hours when we manged to find places that did happy hour from 5-6 and the another from 6-7. No problem taking the 16 year old in with us to have a hot chocolate or soft drink too. Nice atmosphere in all of them.

Really like being over there for the weekend. Plenty of walking and exploring and no-one to think about but me. Work picking up the bill too...... Bonus.

Quite a lot of happy hour places around in the city, tis true. Actually I don't find the city expensive at all on a relative basis, as per above - as in it's no more expensive in the CBD than in the burbs. TBH it's often cheaper, because the competition means you get more deals like your happy hour ones

Archived