What's your thoughts on POTTSVILLE?

Team Edwards

FINALLY making the move to Australia in August this year! Woohoo!!

Thinking of Pottsville to settle....my hubby is an air con engineer.

What's yours thoughts? Good and bad points appreciated?

Thanks

x

G'day mate, it's a beautiful part of Northern NSW and the area is known for the numerous sub-tropical fruits grown in the hinterland. It is more of a holiday/retirement area than industrial. Total population is about 3/4000.

Cheers, Bobj.

Thanks BobJ!

We've looked into this area a lot and it seems to be the place for us! Ideally not wanting to live in the busy Gold Coast but being close enough for work etc. My hubby travels A LOT with work at the moment so i don't think it will be too much of an issue.

Thanks for feedback, much appreciated..

x

FINALLY making the move to Australia in August this year! Woohoo!!

Thinking of Pottsville to settle....my hubby is an air con engineer.

What's yours thoughts? Good and bad points appreciated?

Thanks

x

Beautiful part of the country. If you like the more relaxed lifestyle, it would suit. The beaches don't have the crowds , the fishing and rivers are great and always plenty do. Byron bay , Lennox head, and all the back beaches along the tweed coast and the hinterlands are amazing. Has some picturesque places in the surrounding areas. I cannot myself think of many bad points of the area. I would be living that way iif there was more work for me as a tradesman. If your partner doesn't mind traveling or his work will be on the goldie, I would definitely look into it.

• 2 months later...

I love in Pottsville with hubby and two boys age 10 and 7....We are very happy with our decision, it's a quiet area but with everything on your doorstep if you want it i.e busy Gold Coast! Beaches here are just awesome and lifestyle is very laid back....if you want anymore info just yell!

I love in Pottsville with hubby and two boys age 10 and 7....We are very happy with our decision, it's a quiet area but with everything on your doorstep if you want it i.e busy Gold Coast! Beaches here are just awesome and lifestyle is very laid back....if you want anymore info just yell!

That's good to hear!!! Thank you! That was our thinking, not in the thick of the Gold Coast or Brisbane but close enough for work and day trips!!! We have a girl and two boys (ages 6, 4 & 18 month). We are so exited. Do your kids go to Pottsville Beach Primary? It seems a lovely school. Any information would be amazing! 10 weeks left until we leave! We have shipping, flights, quarantine for dog, holiday home all booked! Bank account opened and money transfers sorted. We feel relatively organised but i know there is still so much to do! Thank again and would love to hear more from you about Pottsville! x

Our boys are at Pottsville school and they love it. It is a great school and I haven't met anyone that has anything bad to say about it, it's all good so that's a great sign. They are going to build a new catholic primary in Pottsville, this year I think so that will help with the amount of children that seem to be enrolling into the school. Pottsville is growing with the new 'Seabreeze' estate there are many plots for sale so it will expand quite a bit. It's a lovely area to bring up children and its so central to everything it's great. 20 minutes from Byron Bay and 25 minutes to Gold Coast! I remember those last weeks before we moved, it manic eh! You sound like you are very organised...Good luck with it all and let me know if you do need anymore info!

Archived