Final decision...John Mason or PSS

jepg45

Thanks all...seems like both have a good rep. JM did come in marginally cheaper and seemed to think that we'd have no problem getting everything in a 20' container whilst PSS seemed to think there would be more - different packing techniques??

We have had 4 removal companies out to quote us for shipment to Sydney. JM came out the cheapest. But they also quoted the least amount of cuft. 625cuft at £2830 shared 20ft container. I was actually just looking through their additional extras. They state that they offer an external container decontamination for £15. I was talking to them about it and they said that quarantine some times do spot checks and ask to do an external decontamination for $400... The £15 will cover this. Anyone ever went for this??? or heard of the inspection?

I've had a bad experience with PSS so far;

Asked for the quote to be made more competitive, all they did was remove the 'free airfreight item'

We were quoted on a 20ft based on what we stated we were taking with the number of items listed as 150

The packers called a 'supervisor' on the first afternoon to tell me we were way over on cube

The final count came out at over 200 (+33 %) - how on earth can somebody be that far out

To get to this number we had to skip and give away a lot of stuff we planned to ship (e.g. corner sofe, 4 bikes etc)

I then get a demand for 150 due to currency adjustments (read the small print on the quote)

This is just a small part of the issues I have, stuff hasn't arrived yet so I'm sure there will be an update.

I've written to PSS but have just had we'll look into it !

Archived