Schools in the Sutherlandshire, NSW

Sandhopper

Hi, This would be my first post. And like many I have read so far, it is a plea for some help or guidence.

Likely to be moving out from the UK to Sydney this year. We were there some time ago and really liked what we saw of the Sutherland area south of Sydney. This time where we live is much more important in relation to school choices and this is where I would really appreciate any input anyone has, positive or negative about good Secondary Education south of Sydney. Caringbah High School seemed a good option in relation to league tables, however, it is selective and comes with other complications. Which would you consider the best schools, public or private that have good academic record and are warm, creative and sporty?

Thank you in advance!

There are lots of good schools in Sutherland Shire, I would have thought. I only have children in primary school, so I don't have direct experience of high school, but if you take a look at http://Www.myschool.edu.au you might find the information helpful. I have friends with children at St John Bosco primary, who love the school, we are happy with the excellent state school that our girls go to.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Hi, This would be my first post. And like many I have read so far, it is a plea for some help or guidence.

Likely to be moving out from the UK to Sydney this year. We were there some time ago and really liked what we saw of the Sutherland area south of Sydney. This time where we live is much more important in relation to school choices and this is where I would really appreciate any input anyone has, positive or negative about good Secondary Education south of Sydney. Caringbah High School seemed a good option in relation to league tables, however, it is selective and comes with other complications. Which would you consider the best schools, public or private that have good academic record and are warm, creative and sporty?

Thank you in advance!

There are a lot of good high schools in the Sutherland Shire. My son is about to attend one and we couldn't decide which one was right for him as they all offer a lot. Caringbah is indeed selective. Kirrawee High has an excellent reputation for its results and for Japanese, music and dance. Cronulla High had a good community and its results are rising. Gymea Technology High has a really good technology program for anyone interested in accelerated learning in modern computer technologies. They all have so-called gifted classes. Endeavour Sports High is great for sportsmen but not loved by others. Woolaware High is big and seems to have a really good music program, as well as all round decent results, not unlike Port Hacking High. Innaburra Christian School is private and very sort after but hard to get into. Sutherland Christian School also has a good reputation and is semi-private.

Good luck making your choice. The school websites give you loads more information!

• 2 years later...