where to stay in Brisbane for a young family?

dredg97

Hi all,

we are a family of 4 (mom, dad and 2 baby girls aged 4 and 1, and a very small dog too) moving to Brisbane in late April.

I will work in the CBD mainly, and 10 days a month in Queensland regional areas.

My wife will stay at home, attending the AMEP classes and looking after the babies (the big one going to Kindergarten).

We are looking for a family friendly area, ideally on the train line or well connected with the CBD by public transport, close to parks (ideally dogs friendly), kindergarten/primary school, and shopping centers.

Our budget is 600 AUD/week, we will have only one car and not necessarily we need to stay close to the CBD, as far as it won't take over 45 minutes to get to it by public transport.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

The Bayside area is probably worth checking out and also some of the western suburbs.. Realestate.com.au will give you a good guide to rental costs and availability in varying suburbs and google maps is great for pin pointing where a suburb is. Most suburbs have a few Kindys and a shopping ctr ,its the public transport you will need to check carefully on.

Lots of luck with everything

Cal x

Carindale hits all the right spots for young families IMO - There is a lovely creek side walk, it is a transport (bus) hub, and half an hour to city by bus (quicker if you drive out of rush hour). You can get a lot for your $ renting so $600 will get you something decent... There's a massive shopping centre

I love Holland Park as it has an excellent primary school but rentals are harder to find

Thanks so much for the suggestions, I made a quick research and for 600 AUD per week it seems I have several options. I hope the market in Brisbane is not as tight as in Perth where I am at the moment....however, we have a dog (a miniature pinscher which is really small) so it will make things a bit more complicated in securing a rental I guess.

Crucial is to find an area with ease public transport to the CBD...

Keep researching,

thanks again.

Archived