Montrose or blackmans bay

coleraine64

Hi there, me again. Any views on Montrose or Blackmans Bay as areas to settle in. Have seen some beautiful houses so wondered what anyone's opinions were. Also build or buy? If build, any recommended builders or even architects. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Personally I would choose Blackmans Bay: close to many beautiful beaches, stunning views and a great little shopping/business centre in Kingston. The whole area has a very pleasant community feel.

I haven't had any personal experience of building so can't give any recommendations. Building or buying depends on whether you can find anything existing you like and also whether you can afford to build. If building, I would definitely wait until you are here so that you can see the work of various architects and builders and decide which ones best fit what you have in mind.

only staying for 5 nights this time so basing ourselves in Hobart. not booked any accommodation yet so recommendations greatly appreciated. will spend time looking at areas close to Hobart again, maybe some house viewing and mainly me sussing out some nursing agencies. really appreciate all the info, thanks :-)

QUOTE=Skani;1936147175]Hobart's mean maximum is 11.7 and mean minimum 4.6 in July. Temperatures vary around the state but I'm not sure if you will be travelling around then or mainly staying in the Hobart area?

only staying for 5 nights this time so basing ourselves in Hobart. not booked any accommodation yet so recommendations greatly appreciated.

Not knowing your budget or preference for style of accommodation, I recommend looking at the following website. It has 4 categories of accommodation including hotels, B & Bs and holiday rentals and covers different price ranges. With the addition of comments of previous guests, you should be able to find something which will suit you.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/HACSearch?geo=255097