Rules of state sponsorship

Mitzymo

Hi, My husband and I have state sponsorship for South Oz on my application. Technically we have to reside in the state that we lodged our application with for the first 2 years. We are due to move out in the next couple of months but jobs in either of our chosen fields do not seem to be forthcoming and we have been searching for the past 6 months particularly in Adelaide. Does anyone know what the rules are for transferring between states to live if you cannot get a job in the original state that sponsored you ? Obviously we don't want to contravene the immigration rules around the visa but with no jobs we'll be back living in the UK within 6 months of arriving. All advice very much welcome together with links to any official government websites that could clarify the rules. Thanks you. Mitzy

Welcome to PIO

It is not easy to get a job when you are not yet in Australia. Which visa are you going on 190 or 489

You have a moral obligation to live and work in the state that has sponsored you on a 190 visa. If you moved to SA and was not able to find a job you have no restrictions on your visa to state that you must stay and can move on to another state.

Similar will apply for the 489 if you couldn't find a job in SA but you MUST live and work in Regional Australia, as this IS a condition of the Visa.

What are the conditions with the various visas regarding type of work? For example if you come in on a 189/190/489 visa and are a teacher but can't find a teaching job, are you allowed to find other work, i.e construction, while searching for a teaching job?

If you can, are there any restrictions on how many hours you can work p/w etc?

What are the conditions with the various visas regarding type of work? For example if you come in on a 189/190/489 visa and are a teacher but can't find a teaching job, are you allowed to find other work, i.e construction, while searching for a teaching job?

If you can, are there any restrictions on how many hours you can work p/w etc?

andy - I answered this in your other thread a few days ago.

Post 5.

Archived