Information Technology vs Accounting skill assessment

inception

If you have done a recognised accounting degree from an Australian university you can easily get a positive skill assessment from either CPA or CA without any relevant work experience for migration purposes.

Is this the case with a Bachelor of Information Technology as well? Does the Australian Computer Society provide you with a positive skill assessment with just a bachelors degree or do you need relevant work experience in this case and if so how many years of work experience is required for a positive skill assessment?

No idea. Are you planning what to study? If so, as someone who studied, and had the skills assessment rules changed in me one week before I could apply, I'm telling you that a two/three year course is a long time. You can't imagine how that feels to see the goal posts being ripped away. So you need to look at back up plans too.

No idea. Are you planning what to study? If so, as someone who studied, and had the skills assessment rules changed in me one week before I could apply, I'm telling you that a two/three year course is a long time. You can't imagine how that feels to see the goal posts being ripped away. So you need to look at back up plans too.

No, I am not planning to study. It is just for my cousin who wants to migrate.

for the acs you'd need some experience, see this pdf from their site.

http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/7324/Summary-of-Criteria.pdf

I was reading the PDF and according to the list if you have done a bachelor degree with an IT major and are a recent graduate then NO WORK EXPERIENCE is required. However, if you are not a recent graduate you only need 2 years work experience if you have an IT major (minimum Bachelor degree). Of course, for lesser qualifications the work experience required increases. Did I read the list correctly?

So, I am guessing if my cousin did a bachelor in IT at an Australian university he should be able to get a positive skill assessment from the Australian Computer Society and provided that he gets the minimum pass mark of 60 for an EOI he will be eligible for permanent residency? Am I doing this right or have I missed out on something?

I was reading the PDF and according to the list if you have done a bachelor degree with an IT major and are a recent graduate then NO WORK EXPERIENCE is required. However, if you are not a recent graduate you only need 2 years work experience if you have an IT major (minimum Bachelor degree). Of course, for lesser qualifications the work experience required increases. Did I read the list correctly?

So, I am guessing if my cousin did a bachelor in IT at an Australian university he should be able to get a positive skill assessment from the Australian Computer Society and provided that he gets the minimum pass mark of 60 for an EOI he will be eligible for permanent residency? Am I doing this right or have I missed out on something?

You have missed out on a few things. May I suggest you advise your cousin to run his case past a registered migration agent before committing to a course of action?

You have missed out on a few things. May I suggest you advise your cousin to run his case past a registered migration agent before committing to a course of action?

Thanks for your reply wrussell. It would be very kind of you if you could elaborate on what I am missing out on. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Archived