Family sponsored 489 visa timeline

perthlove

skillselect applied on 9 Jan | Invitation received on 21 Jan | Visa lodged on 15 Feb and now awaiting. No CO contact me yet. I did medical checkup when I saw there is an Recommended status on health evidence attach. I'm not sure I should wait CO prompt or not to do medical checkup. In this case how?

skillselect applied on 9 Jan | Invitation received on 21 Jan | Visa lodged on 15 Feb and now awaiting. No CO contact me yet. I did medical checkup when I saw there is an Recommended status on health evidence attach. I'm not sure I should wait CO prompt or not to do medical checkup. In this case how?

Normally, people say to wait until CO requests health exams, but we had the "organise health examinations" link appear so we booked our meds without being contacted by CO. Some people never physically hear anything from a CO.

Our CO wrote to us to ask for some copy docs and we told her then that we had organised the meds and the date etc. Our evisa has not been updated. Our meds still say "requested". I doubt that it will change until our meds are finalised, which will not be any time soon due to the backlog at HOC/MOC.

I think the waiting time for a CO is approx 8-10 weeks, so you may not have been assigned one yet. I am sure that once you have a CO, if they are happy with your submissions and your meds, then the visa should be pretty quick.

Normally, people say to wait until CO requests health exams, but we had the "organise health examinations" link appear so we booked our meds without being contacted by CO. Some people never physically hear anything from a CO.

Our CO wrote to us to ask for some copy docs and we told her then that we had organised the meds and the date etc. Our evisa has not been updated. Our meds still say "requested". I doubt that it will change until our meds are finalised, which will not be any time soon due to the backlog at HOC/MOC.

I think the waiting time for a CO is approx 8-10 weeks, so you may not have been assigned one yet. I am sure that once you have a CO, if they are happy with your submissions and your meds, then the visa should be pretty quick.

Thanks for explain. Then I need to wait about 8-10 weeks first.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I received CO on 24 April 2013. CO requested me few more documents. Do I need to give documents not in request check list (but in request document details)?

Is it true after submitted again the process for visa will be about 6 weeks? THanks.

Thanks for explain. Then I need to wait about 8-10 weeks first.

Hi all, I received CO on 24 April 2013. CO requested me few more documents. Do I need to give documents not in request check list (but in request document details)?

Is it true after submitted again the process for visa will be about 6 weeks? THanks.

You need to provide what your CO has asked for, regardless of whether it was in the original list or not. There is no way of knowing how long it will take.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Ok I arrived here in Perth. I got 489 visa (valid 4 years visa). As mentioned on visa I have right to apply PR after 2 years living in WA and worked for 1 year. But I don't know whether I must work the same job title that I applied for skill migrant (Occupational List)? I got visa with Computer System / Network Engineering then after 2 years when I apply PR the work experience must show with IT job? Does anyone have experience about it? Many thanks for your reply.

Archived