Citizenship Ceremony-Randwick Council waiting time

3gh2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I happen to live in Randwick as well. My application got approved on January 16th. I recently got my invitation letter for a ceremony on the 5th but it's being held at the department offices and not at Randwick Town Hall. So I'm guessing the council ceremonies have been booked out well in advance, and that there's a good chance you'll be invited to a department ceremony as well.

Looking forward to vote in this year's elections! :D

They seem to have plenty of ceremonies. I assumed that it would be once a year on Australia Day!

[h=2]Citizenship ceremonies at Randwick[/h]Becoming an Australian citizen is something to celebrate. Citizenship ceremonies mark this important milestone in the lives of new citizens.

Ceremonies are held monthly at the Randwick Town Hall, corner Frances and Avoca Streets, Randwick.

Please bring a current form of photo identification (such as a driver's licence or passport) to your Citizenship Ceremony as stated in the invitation from the Department of Immigration.

Family and friends are more than welcome to attend our ceremonies. There is guest seating available in the Town Hall although we recommend they arrive a few minutes early to secure a seat. The ceremony starts at 7pm so all recipients need to arrive 30 minutes beforehand for seating arrangements.

These are the confirmed dates for 2013

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Saturday[/TD]

[TD]26 January (Australia Day)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Thursday[/TD]

[TD]14 February[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Thursday[/TD]

[TD]28 February[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Thursday[/TD]

[TD]7 March[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Thursday[/TD]

[TD]4 April[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Thursday[/TD]

[TD]2 May[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Thursday[/TD]

[TD]13 June[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Thursday[/TD]

[TD]4 July[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Thursday[/TD]

[TD]29 August[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Thursday[/TD]

[TD]5 September[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Thursday[/TD]

[TD]3 October[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Thursday[/TD]

[TD]7 November[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Thursday[/TD]

[TD]5 December[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

They seem to have plenty of ceremonies. I assumed that it would be once a year on Australia Day!

Randwick Council covers quite a large and well-populated area from Kensington to all the way down to La Perouse. Their website states that they hold the ceremony for a hundred people at a time. It looks like the DIAC is trying to stick to the "within three months after approval" average timeframe. Hence the departmental ceremonies.

• 2 months later...

Archived