Mandurah bound

Agibb83

Hi all, I am hoping to be oz bound around August time, as a family of 3 , I am a carpenter to trade and so wondering if any one has info on building work that is on going at present of is possibly starting off around then? I understand I won't walk straight into a job but any info on places to look, companies to contact etc would be great also am I best to bring my tools with me or sell all I have here and buy new ones in oz? Another question in regards to the move is we are looking at rentals in meadow springs would this be a wise choice ( area, costs etc) or what are the areas we should try to look at, we have a 3 year old so places with nice schools for when she is older . Any info on the above would be great many thanks

• 4 weeks later...

hi mate my name is paul im a bricky who has just moved to mandurah there is **** loads of work for me its every where so you as a follow on trade there must be loads for you too,,we are in a short term rental its costing us $450 a week everything in water,gas,elec and internet its in falcon a little out of town 12 km but an amazing spot good bus services into town only 20 minsto main rail and bus station. the address is 11 specks court wannanup 6210 got it through oz rentals look for fishermans landing .i shipped my tools in a container my advice bring everything and i mean everthing anyway good luck pal you will love it

Hi paul thanks very much for that info have you just recently went from the uk? If you don't mind me asking what visa did you travel on? And did you manage to find the work fairly easy ? We are just waiting on a co which should hopefully be confirmed in the next few days I am fairly hopeful I shall get work fairly soon I am willing to put in the legwork to achieve employment , how long is your short term rental for ? Many thanks Alan

Archived