Australian Computer Society Assessment

james007

I am getting confused regarding how many years experience I have to proove for my assessment.

I have a degree in Computer Networks where pretty much all the modules were I.T based.

I have worked in I.T for almost 7 years of which 2.5 years as been with my current company.

Also what is the average turn around time.

I got assessed as sys admin in Sept, processing time was around 4 weeks, now its around 8-12 weeks. If you are applying for NSW SS, its around 12-14 weeks just to get an email acknowledgment from them, and another 8-10 weeks to get approval from receiving your ack email....hope that helps!

Right now I am waiting for NSW SS approval. I got my email ack bang on the 12 week mark.

So if I have a degree in computer networks where most of the modules are I.T , i need two years experience?

you will need to prove your work experience, by getting letters provided by current and past employers, OR you can use a statutory declaration from a supervisor (and get it CERTIFIED)

you will need to prove your work experience, by getting letters provided by current and past employers, OR you can use a statutory declaration from a supervisor (and get it CERTIFIED)

Thanks bubble 2005. how many years do i need to proove in rold if i have a degree in computer networks where modules are wide variety in I.T

Thanks bubble 2005. how many years do i need to proove in rold if i have a degree in computer networks where modules are wide variety in I.T

I got my UK Computer Science degree assessed as well as 5 years work experience (3 in the UK) 2 in the US where I'm at now.

I got my UK Computer Science degree assessed as well as 5 years work experience (3 in the UK) 2 in the US where I'm at now.

I thought I read that if my modules on my degree matched my occupation closely I needed to prove 2 years. Very confusing bro :/

So if I have a degree in computer networks where most of the modules are I.T , i need two years experience?

It depends on whether your degree is assessed as comparable to an an Australian degree, which in turn depends on which institution conferred your degree and the duration of it.

In cases where students change universities and are granted advanced standing there are possible complications, with which I shall not burden you.

Archived