School Fees Perth

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Hi

I have just paid Garys school fees for the year at High School. So I thought I would let you know that on a 457 visa his yearly fee is $270. Not as bad as I thought :yes: This doesnt include the price of uniforms.

Janette

• 2 weeks later...

:arghh::chatterbox:hi janette, i was wondering if you could help me out on this one? if we came to perth would my son (who will leave school in '09, age 16) '''''have'''''' to go back to school in perth til he is 18? We have fought all week about it....kids eh?

Alison

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Hi Alison

Yes he will have to go to school until he is 17. Which tell him is not a bad thing as he will have a easy year as he will have done most of the work before so no pressure plus its a great way for him to meet new friends.

Janette

:arghh::chatterbox:hi janette, i was wondering if you could help me out on this one? if we came to perth would my son (who will leave school in '09, age 16) '''''have'''''' to go back to school in perth til he is 18? We have fought all week about it....kids eh?

Alison

He will have to be in full time education until the end of the year that he turns 17 however that doesnt mean he has to go back to a school with uniform and all that gumph - there are alternatives at TAFE which can give him the beginnings of trade training.

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Don't know anything about Tafe only think I know about it is on a 457 visa its very costly. So we are waiting for PR so older son can go to Tafe or Uni once he makes his mind up what he wants to do. But in Perth they can't leave school until they are 17.

Janette

Guest thedelgrecos

My son is 12 going to 13 in october. He has adhd. are there any special needs schools in the Perth area and any idea on the cost

My son is 12 going to 13 in october. He has adhd. are there any special needs schools in the Perth area and any idea on the cost

I dont know about Perth but in general, in Aus, ADHD doesnt get any special treatment and definitely not any special schools which are generally for kids with complex and multiple disabilities. There is a pretty inclusive thrust in all states with resources going to those with significant disabilities. Unless he has additional disabilities I dont think you will be getting anything extra to a mainstream program.

You should still bring along all assessments - especially psych assessments - up to date ones if possible. Also, just in case, an adaptive behaviour assessment from his current school - many states require them and they are always best done by people who know the child in an educational setting. Also a report from whoever did his diagnosis. If he is medicated you may want to check and see if his medication is available here and, if so, whether it is on the pharmaceutical benefits scheme because some of the alternative ADHD meds are not on the PBS schedule. If he has had a statement then copies of his most recent IEPs would be a good start as well.

Guest thedelgrecos
I dont know about Perth but in general, in Aus, ADHD doesnt get any special treatment and definitely not any special schools which are generally for kids with complex and multiple disabilities. There is a pretty inclusive thrust in all states with resources going to those with significant disabilities. Unless he has additional disabilities I dont think you will be getting anything extra to a mainstream program.

You should still bring along all assessments - especially psych assessments - up to date ones if possible. Also, just in case, an adaptive behaviour assessment from his current school - many states require them and they are always best done by people who know the child in an educational setting. Also a report from whoever did his diagnosis. If he is medicated you may want to check and see if his medication is available here and, if so, whether it is on the pharmaceutical benefits scheme because some of the alternative ADHD meds are not on the PBS schedule. If he has had a statement then copies of his most recent IEPs would be a good start as well.

thankyou for the info

Guest kattryde

Hi,

we'll be out in Perth early June, looking at a senior school in south Perth, and have homed in on Willetton, Rossmoyne and Melville, do you know anything about these schools?

Have 3 lively boys 5,10 and 14 and would like to get them settled asap when we get there into school.

Hope you can give me some advice, and we look forward to joining in on a PIO get together once we have settled.

the attryde clan

Archived