help advice need asap please

mobilephone

I owe my shippers some money

The story is

I left my goods in storgage in the Uk as i am renting and have no space for my goods i OZ

I had a phone call last week asking for the money

It had total slipped my mind with all things that have been going wrong for us in Oz

I sent them a email 9th feb to explaine my paper work is in my case that is been shipped out end of the month from the Uk ( i had too much weight at airport so it had to sent on)

They have sent me a e-mail today to say they are now selling my goods

HELP can they do this

They have not given me a chance to pay anything towards my goods

Help me need advice asasp please

I owe my shippers some money

The story is

I left my goods in storgage in the Uk as i am renting and have no space for my goods i OZ

I had a phone call last week asking for the money

It had total slipped my mind with all things that have been going wrong for us in Oz

I sent them a email 9th feb to explaine my paper work is in my case that is been shipped out end of the month from the Uk ( i had too much weight at airport so it had to sent on)

They have sent me a e-mail today to say they are now selling my goods

HELP can they do this

They have not given me a chance to pay anything towards my goods

Help me need advice asasp please

What has getting your paperwork out of your case got to do with paying your storage fees?

:confused:

If you want your stuff, make immediate arrangements to pay what you owe. Of course they are not going to store it for free and I would assume that they know where they stand legally ... this is their bread and butter.

Yes but as I said It had slipped my mind whith everything going off in oz

I have not got the paperwork this is in my suitcase which is on its way from London i packed it by mistake)

The shipping company only contacted me last week asking for all this money i was shocked.

They could have wrote to me or phoned me . They have not given me any time on this could you find over £2000 in a few days?

They have not given me a chance to sort this out.

What has getting your paperwork out of your case got to do with paying your storage fees?

:confused:

If you want your stuff, make immediate arrangements to pay what you owe. Of course they are not going to store it for free and I would assume that they know where they stand legally ... this is their bread and butter.

Yes but as I said It had slipped my mind whith everything going off in oz

I have not got the paperwork this is in my suitcase which is on its way from London i packed it by mistake)

The shipping company only contacted me last week asking for all this money i was shocked.

They could have wrote to me or phoned me . They have not given me any time on this could you find over £2000 in a few days?

They have not given me a chance to sort this out.

For heavens sake take some responsibility, you have put your stuff in storage, it is up to you to remember this fact and to pay the appropriate fees.

Yes I could find GBP2k in a few days, credit card if all else fails, but in any case I cannot imagine a world where I would forget that my belongings are in storage. Either way, if you want your stuff, you are going to have to pay up.

As for not giving you time to sort it out, well they wrote to you and you replied that your paperwork is in your suitcase! What on earth are they supposed to make of that! Contact them again, offer a partial payment and tell them when you can send the rest.

Archived