Moving from Perth to Melbourne. Has anyone done it

Aussie Hopeful

Hi, we live in Mordialloc, and have easy access to Mordialloc and Parkdale beaches (golden sand, deeper water) - good for swimming, boogie boarding, canoeing, Mentone beach (golden sand, very shallow) - good for kids, boogie boarding when rough and snorkelling when calm) and Aspendale beach (white sand, very shallow) - good for paddling, dog walking, kids.

There is also Mordialloc Creek where we live which is very beautiful, like a cornish fishing village with all the wooden boats.

All the beaches between Brighton and the Mornington Peninsula are lovely, can't think of a bad one, they all have their own character.

BB

thanks..... Sounds gorgeous ... I will have a look at property there.. How do you find the climate? I like the idea of having seasons but do want sunshine in the summer! Unlike the north east of England ....

Hi - we get sunshine all year round a lot of the time. All the seasons can be sunny. We get rain too, mainly in spring and winter. Summer can get too hot - we just had nine days of 30+ in a row. This is unusual. I love the weather here, the fact that it gets cooler in winter (but not cold - think UK + 10 degrees) - means we can drive 2 hours to the mountains for snow skiing/toboganning etc.

BB

Hi - we get sunshine all year round a lot of the time. All the seasons can be sunny. We get rain too, mainly in spring and winter. Summer can get too hot - we just had nine days of 30+ in a row. This is unusual. I love the weather here, the fact that it gets cooler in winter (but not cold - think UK + 10 degrees) - means we can drive 2 hours to the mountains for snow skiing/toboganning etc.

BB

WOW. ... You have Sold it to me! Haha.. Thank you... I've Been searching for rental property and was pleasantly surprised at the weekly rental charge compared to other places..

Cheers

Archived